M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, right before leaving on a Sunday tour, waiting on the others I just happen to be looking more closely at my front tire and :eek: the thread in the middle of the tire is starting to split and I only have 5500km on it(3437,5 miles) :( We made the tour anyways ;) (you know, no risk on fun :D) but am going to the dealer today and have a heart to heart discussion ;) I mean its not Suzuki´s fault but hey they put the Dunlops on, not me. Like I said if I hadn´t been waiting on the others I might not have even noticed it due to being so small but just to think on friday I was cruising the autobahn at 210kmph that would have been all she wrote if that thing would have blown at that speed. Before your next ride go out and look at your front Dunnie before you take off :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey after finding a foot long threads exposed area in my rear tire I'll be checkin' em a little more carefully from now on . Let us know it plays out with Suzuki or the dealer I mean thanks.
Dave

·
Registered
696 Posts
Mad Dog said:
Yesterday, right before leaving on a Sunday tour, waiting on the others I just happen to be looking more closely at my front tire and :eek: the thread in the middle of the tire is starting to split and I only have 5500km on it(3437,5 miles) :( We made the tour anyways ;) (you know, no risk on fun :D) but am going to the dealer today and have a heart to heart discussion ;) I mean its not Suzuki´s fault but hey they put the Dunlops on, not me. Like I said if I hadn´t been waiting on the others I might not have even noticed it due to being so small but just to think on friday I was cruising the autobahn at 210kmph that would have been all she wrote if that thing would have blown at that speed. Before your next ride go out and look at your front Dunnie before you take off :bigthumbsup:
maybe it's just me... but... ANY pending tire failurres...hey i'm changeing plans...NOT going ANYWAY,,,IMHO....mjm

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah,having a blow out at high speed,is an experience that is not forgotton! :D It's a thrill a second,for a while,and will make you think more about the shape your tires are in on your bike,after experiencing one! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talked to the Suzi dealer and showed them the tire. They said this is not normal duh :dontknow: Suzuki does not give a guarantee on the tires :edit: but they will get ahold of Dunlop and try to work out something. They promised to get back to me by the end of this week with some kind of an answer so or so. I´ll let ya´ll know how this comes out .

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got called from the dealer. (Damn that was quick I was just there a few hours ago) Anyways he told me not to sweat it, he is ordering the front tire in the morning and he will argue with either Suzuki Germany or Dunlop or both :D but that is his problem and not mine. I will get the tire replaced free of charge from him :bigthumbsup: Now you know why I say dealer and not stealer. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Mad Dog, it's good to here that there are still some dealers out there that believe in "service" for their customer. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The tire company has the warranty on the tire...look in your warranty info and it should say.... ?? mo or ?k miles I believe , the tire company will pick up the tab
not the dealer...just like auto tires if someone comes in and has a manufactures defective tire , we make the call or send them to the TIRE dealer and they take it from there....unless they have a Tire extended warranty...but even then a call must be made to the warranty office for a claim number...
and if the rim is damaged because of the defect...it gets replaced to...brand new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts