M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we had a great Friday the 13th up here in Ontario. Dover was the place to be and you just couldn't ask for better weather :)

On my way back home I snapped my clutch cable. So the cable tore right near the engine side and upon a later inspection clutch level side had half of cable wires broken as well. 15K miles on a bike.

Not to worry, I had a replacement oem cable sitting at home - purchased about a year earlier (after reading all these posts about those clutch cables snapping - tanks guys!)

Had my passenger scared a bit on how we gonna get home and had a few interesting moments at lights (passing on the right or pacing myself before left turns) - made it home in 90 miles without stopping once (lucky for me - had the tank filled earlier).

Now I gotta get that clutch level adjustment bolt as it probably got lost on the way when cable became loose..

Ride on! 8)

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I lube both ends of my clutch cable once a month with some white lithium grease. I also NEVER go on a ride without taking my spare cable. It's friggin' ridiculous that a "flag ship" bike like the 109 has this kind of an issue....should have been hydraulic IMHO.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Amen :verymad

Just what is the problem with these cables anyway?
Mine broke today with only a lil over 13000 miles on it.
Thank God I was able to make it home without a ticket or worse.

·
Registered
319 Posts
anyone know how to do a hydraulic conversion?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
anyone know how to do a hydraulic conversion?:dontknow:
been tried by a member here ,but he gave up
too complicated with the extra lenght being
pulled in on high revs. It was that member who is
kneeling in front of a white car in his Avatar,