M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know how everybody on this forum hates v-rods but besides my 109 i own 2 v-rods and recently was at a forums rally in kc where i witnessed a naturally aspirated v-rod do a 8.85 1/4 mile now i dont care who you are thats empressive
and the fact of the matter is that it was done using only 1600cc's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
I Don't think everyone hates V-rods. I see more V-rod owners hating the 9 owners. I believe most of us here just enjoy riding bikes!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
I agree with Swede. I think the reason the V-Rod gets picked on is because it's about the only one out there that can challange the 109. :bigthumbsup:It's all in good fun anyway. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
skinnybenny9er said:
and the fact of the matter is that it was done using only 1600cc's
Is that their screaming eagle version, or was engine work done to go from stock 1100cc to 1600?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Medic1210 said:
Is that their screaming eagle version, or was engine work done to go from stock 1100cc to 1600?
no it wasnt the destroyer this bike is 100% street legal stock block and stock frame how do you post pics on this forum?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
skinnybenny9er said:
no it wasnt the destroyer this bike is 100% street legal stock block and stock frame how do you post pics on this forum?
I thought the V-Rod was 1100cc. Has something changed?
 
G

·
skinnybenny9er said:
i know how everybody on this forum hates v-rods but besides my 109 i own 2 v-rods and recently was at a forums rally in kc where i witnessed a naturally aspirated v-rod do a 8.85 1/4 mile now i dont care who you are thats empressive
and the fact of the matter is that it was done using only 1600cc's
Who hates rods? There are few here who might not like em and another few who have that "its not a m109 so I hate it" attitude like the HD riders seem to posess in spades but me personally?? That night rod may be my next bike.

NOTE: vrods are 1150cc I believe. My friend's screamin eagle rod is 1250.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I thought the V-Rod was 1100cc. Has something changed?
I would have to say it has a big-bore kit :bigthumbsup: ............. I know there are 1450 and 1550 kit outthere........................ all it takes is money after that anything is possible :p
 
G

·
I like V-Rods... I think they are cool and forward thinking in a company that otherwise is still in the 20th century... :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,103 Posts
have not met a bike I hate, some are just over-rated but still two wheels which I prefer over four anyday. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
M109R Fan said:
I like V-Rods... I think they are cool and forward thinking in a company that otherwise is still in the 20th century... :bigthumbsup:
Vrods are Porche designed bro... HD is still selling MID-20th century bikes IMO.. and from my experience with the ones my friends own, they still don't touch Japanese and Euro bikes for reliability.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Prior to the 109, the V-Rod was my bike of choice. I just couldn't justify the price based on the lower cc size. 109 Just made more sense for me and my wallet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Who or which true rider could hate any bike. any is better than none. The thing that bothers me is the price philosophy of the company and the attitude of Some owners. Before the 109 came out the v-rod was however a very interresting bike for me except for the price and the fact that theaft insurance heir cost about ten times as much as a normal bike. I also agree that their is no 1600 stock v-rod available.
I'll have to research the facts though. So a 8.85 for the price isn't so impressive. Hey for another 10-20k I bet he could get into the 7s. ;) or just buy a 109 :bigthumbsup: and have more fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
Yeah? Well my totally stock 2600cc M109R can turn 1/4 miles in 7 seconds flat! ::) ::) ::)
Nice try V-Rod boy. Can't you do better on your first post? :p :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DaltonH said:
Vrods are Porche designed bro... HD is still selling MID-20th century bikes IMO.. and from my experience with the ones my friends own, they still don't touch Japanese and Euro bikes for reliability.
for reilibiltity there about the same just a lil more pricey then my local zuki dealer to have them worked on, i enjoy both of them but o each there quirks , i also agree about harleys air cooled bikes they are stone age
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
That must have been(one in a million) ::)if it was stock. That would have give my O'l V-Max a run for the money!I wish I still had it :(. But it wasn't box stock either. I'm gonna have to stop by the Harley Dealers,and ask if they have a 8 second-VRod in stock. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ron S said:
That must have been(one in a million) ::)if it was stock. That would have give my O'l V-Max a run for the money!I wish I still had it :(. But it wasn't box stock either. I'm gonna have to stop by the Harley Dealers,and ask if they have a 8 second-VRod in stock. :bigthumbsup:
haha they will probaly laugh and try and sell you a destroyer, im in no way saying it was box stock its naturally aspurated and street legal with no wheelie bar and stock 180 rear tire , can someone let me know how to post pics im not used to this forum
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top