M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

Good site that was posted on the C14 forum, check it out so you know how protected your nugget really is.
JD, I hear what you are saying and I'm sure these folks no much more about helmets than me. I say the REAL test is to bust your azz and find out how well you fared. I got t-boned by a Toyota 4-Runner, hit the windshield, went over the car and landed on my head and shoulder wearing a HJC. Then I got launched 8 or 10 feet in the air and landed on my head and shoulder wearing a scorpion. I'm still here, thankfully. I'm still wearing the scorpion. My guess is if you get hit by an 18 wheeler at 70, it wouldn't matter what you had on your head. Good info, anyway you look at it. John

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my two EXO-1000 scorpions and they are rated 4 stars so I guess I should be ok. I would prefer to leave the helmet testing to the laboratories. I will take your word for it when it comes to wearing the helmet while testing its effectiveness. Hopefully I will see ya this summer.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

Good site that was posted on the C14 forum, check it out so you know how protected your nugget really is.
"NUGGET?" :eek: hhhhhhhhheeeeeeeee :D

I love the way our slang can mean something completely differant.

Nugget = turd. Drop the kids at the pool...

Nugget protection, Mr Hankey in a Shoei :clap2::a20::a20::a20:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
hahahaha Thanks Bambam , needed a laugh :bigthumbsup:

I checked my cheapy scorpion then i Checked my high Priced Shark Carbonfiber
4 stars either way ???

seems fishy, or did i get "Took"?

Whats "Took" mean down under ,BamBam ? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Considering that this website has a dot "UK" extension, I have to wonder whether their testing methods are the same as the ones used in the U.S. If these star ratings assigned to these helmets are anything like the method by which they rate hotels in many european countries, that would mean that even a four (4) star helmet really sucks:dontknow:. I would not trust any helmet without the DOT or Snell approved sticker, and that is something that you will not find on this side of the pond.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Considering that this website has a dot "UK" extension, I have to wonder wheather their testing methods are the same as the ones used in the U.S. If these star ratings assigned to these helmets are anything like the method by which they rate hotels in many european countries, that would mean that even a four (4) star helmet really sucks:dontknow:. I would not trust any helmet without the DOT or Snell approved sticker, and that is something that you will not find on this side of the pond.
Good point I believe snell is the highest standard my fx-16 exceeds all the standards dot/ece/snell now maybe I should wear it.:redfaced:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

4 stars either way ???

bugger... got nothing ooinkk,

nothing funny to add on that one.

I have some funny stories on this topic though. If we ever have a drink together one day(your shout :D) I will tell about the time my Mum had a stand up yelling match with a teen serving at Maccas on a holiday there, over what the correct name was for fries/chips.

:eek: :redfaced: PRICELESS but not funny for me... I wanted to hide

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Considering that this website has a dot "UK" extension, I have to wonder whether their testing methods are the same as the ones used in the U.S. If these star ratings assigned to these helmets are anything like the method by which they rate hotels in many european countries, that would mean that even a four (4) star helmet really sucks:dontknow:. I would not trust any helmet without the DOT or Snell approved sticker, and that is something that you will not find on this side of the pond.
Snell is the standard for me also. My EXO 700 is a 4 star, for what it is worth.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

4 stars either way ???

My affordable HJC got 4 stars.

HJC FG-15

Learn more

took=married,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,down under lol