2. New Mirrors
3. JSD3 Mod.
4. New Pegs and shifter
5. Tag bracket
6. Rear Turn Signals
7. Rear Led Tag Light
8. Fully Removed Baffles
9. Suzi Decal
10. Awaiting delivery of Jazon's 2.5 inch Lowering Bones.

So Tell me what you guys think?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Thought about putting the tag on the side but I'm going to wait and see what it looks like with the bones on it. I can't wait to get them been waiting for almost 2 weeks now hope I get them soon.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The grips are Twisted Rails from Pro One and the peg setup are for a HD but I couldn't find any other pegs I liked and like you said I just didn't want to go with some kuryakyns that everyone else had. The pegs was a pain is the A$$ to get to work finally after playing with them for a while I got them to work. I think they look great and the feel a lot better than the stock one's did.

As a side note I've read some posts about having trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd ,which I was having, but after installing a new shifter that seems to have fixed the problem. I don't know if it's because it has more meat to it or if I was just catching the old peg in the wrong place on my foot.

I have a set of grips to match the pegs do you think I should put them on or leave the twisted rails?

Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Toneout,

Just found your pics, NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the lowered clean look. I can't wait to get my lowering bones hope they will be here in the next few days. How does the bike handle could you tell a big diffrence? Anyway Love the look man keep up the good work. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
253 Posts
looks sweet dude :bigthumbsup: any chance of letting me know where you bought yor pegs ,shifter and grips from oh part #'s would be cool also ;)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
The bike looks great. Nice job all the way around. I am looking at the same grips, How do they compare to the stock grips as far as width. I don't want a fatter grip. Thanks

G

·
NateHop04 said:
I have a set of grips to match the pegs do you think I should put them on or leave the twisted rails?
Leave it the way it is. There is a nice contrast. Were the grips universal? I have seen those in various catalogs but didn't know it they would work. What fitment are they? Thanks for the help.

G

·
NateHop04 said:
How does the bike handle could you tell a big diffrence?:bigthumbsup:
I don't think the lowering bones changed the way it handled at all. I dropped my bars as low as they would go with out hitting the tank and that made it harder to turn at low (parking lots, u-turns) speeds. Bones had nothing to do with it. I am actually talking to JasonZ about making 3.5" bones. Slow and low. :bigthumbsup:

I''ll PM when I get back. I want to know more about the grips and pegs! :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Xhiler8r,

The grips are fatter but I think they feel better than the stock ones. The left side grip was just glued on and was easy to replace. The Throttle side was more difficult because the inner section of the grip where the throttle cable connects is larger. I had to take a drimel and enlarge the whole so that the grip could spin freely. These are Universal grips and they do fit our bars. I like the twisted rubber contact when ridding it provides enough surface area to feel solid. The bike needs some fat grips to go with everthing else that is fat on the bike, just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts