M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that everytime I go to turn off the "ON & Off" switch, the check light comes on and stays on. I have checked the oil fluid and it appears to be where it is supposed to be and the gas is full. Not sure what all I need to check to make this light go out. Any thoughts of what I should check would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
If you aren't seeing the warning light when the bike is running, then it isn't trying to warn you of anything. Don't worry about it. It's just like when the oil indicator comes on when you turn the key on. As long as you don't see it after it starts, then you are a-ok. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question, but this "check" light usually goes out once you start the bike. Is the bike running when you see this? If so then you have a problem. If not then slap yourself. :a20:

·
Registered
256 Posts
before starting the motor,my check indicator will not go out unless......the engine stop switch is in the run position, kickstand is up, and clutch is pulled in, if it's in gear (from parking) or in nuetral......once all these things are done the light will go out before i start it.......

tc

·
Registered
237 Posts
The check light should be on when the key is on and the engine is NOT running. This lets you know the bulb is working and the warning system can function if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts