M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a mod (if you want to call it that) that I did a few weeks ago but did not had the courage to post it.:-[ Finally I said what the :evil:. This is a set of homemade passenger floorboards I fabricated out a piece of steel plate. I cut them into size, sanded them and painted them with left-over high temp I had left from when I drilled the holes on my exhaust. I then put some non-skid on top of them and spray painted this bad a55 logo (idea thanks to a fellow forum-member) on top. I unscrewed the rubber inserts from the passenger pegs and used nuts & bolts to screw these masterpieces on there. What do you guys think? It's not the best job as you can see with the edges and the spray painting but it was the best I could do with only a few hours before sunset. (the next day wife and I rode to S. Padre Island) She said it was much better then the stock ones. Also the heel of her boots did not rub on the exhaust anymore!!! That was my motivation to do this mod; oh, and also the lack of mula!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Don't you know your hurting the motor cycle after market sales by doing that. :joke: I think it looks fine and will keep the marks off your exaust for a cheap price. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
Pretty good looking homemade mod there. :bigthumbsup: Could you had set it up by screwing them from the underside? I think it would just make it a bit cleaner looking.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about it, also thought about making it into a footprint shape but I was lacking time. Thanks everyone.

Pretty good looking homemade mod there. :bigthumbsup: Could you had set it up by screwing them from the underside? I think it would just make it a bit cleaner looking.

·
Radio Active Member
22,686 Posts
For a cheap mod it looks great. You could even round them off a little to make them look more like the ones you buy if you wanted, but those look good as is. And if they work, that's all you need. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wooh wooh, wait a ... second, I'm not making these to sell and make profit, I made these because I needed something that will make my wife's ride comfortable and just happened to like... no wait, I Love BlkM109R's design and stamped it on the non-skid. I'm no lawyer but if someone is, please let me know if this is copyrighting. I tried to send a message last night to BlkM109R to let him know what I did, but the computer stopped cooperating but I'm going to get right on it to appease some :'( babies.

:agree: It is a copy right design. Joe is a great guy, man up and tell him what you did.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Wooh wooh, wait a ... second, I'm not making these to sell and make profit, I made these because I needed something that will make my wife's ride comfortable and just happened to like... no wait, I Love BlkM109R's design and stamped it on the non-skid. I'm no lawyer but if someone is, please let me know if this is copyrighting. I tried to send a message last night to BlkM109R to let him know what I did, but the computer stopped cooperating but I'm going to get right on it to appease some :'( babies.
You don't have to worry about " appeasing" anyone except me.

Yes it's copyrighted, almost ALL artwork is. A good rule of thumb is that if YOU didn't create it, it's not free to use. Just like you can't decide you like the Golden arches and use the McDonalds logo for your own stuff.

That said, if you'd have asked permission i could have given you a good file to use so it would look correct.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I tried to send a message last night to BlkM109R to let him know what I did, but the computer stopped cooperating but I'm going to get right on it to appease some :'( babies.
Just so I understand you correctly, you are saying we are babies for trying to protect a fellow riders art work?

Well then, someone hand me a boob shaped passifier please! :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
you cant please em blkout.:-\

Cant see a mad rush people wanting these anyway.

let us know when the passenger hits there shin on these when they walk close to it. OUCH! i would have made them more rounded

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I tried to send a message last night to BlkM109R to let him know what I did, but the computer stopped cooperating but I'm going to get right on it to appease some :'( babies.
To infuse anyones' artwork into your own is not only a legal matter but simply polite. It doesn't seem to bother BlkM109r (too much), he's probably flattered, but the right thing to do is ask first, rather than send a message after the fact to let him know what you did.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
To infuse anyones' artwork into your own is not only a legal matter but simply polite. It doesn't seem to bother BlkM109r (too much), he's probably flattered, but the right thing to do is ask first, rather than send a message after the fact to let him know what you did.
Hey bro, whats going on? Haven't seen or heard from you in some time now! How is California? Texas is a bit rainy lately, but soon to be hot and riding!

cheers masn... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hey bro, whats going on? Haven't seen or heard from you in some time now! How is California? Texas is a bit rainy lately, but soon to be hot and riding!

cheers masn... :bigthumbsup:
Hey RC, Doin' good! hope you are too. Rainy here as well, everyones ready for some dry spells. I guessed you've been hangin' out on the dark side. I'm still here, once a tard always a tard :joke:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts