M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want an isntant 1/2" drop? just take the rubber bushing off of the stock seat. The riding position feels nice, kinda like a shaved seat, puts you "in" the bike. Only problem is that the seat rests on the plastics a little. Was a little bored and not having a jack or the shock tool yet, i had to do something. The lowering bones are on the way but I can't wait. Anyhoo,
has anyone tried this? The postions feel real nice, like a chopper style.
Just afraid on a hard bumb the plastics might crack. Any input?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Want an isntant 1/2" drop? just take the rubber bushing off of the stock seat. The riding position feels nice, kinda like a shaved seat, puts you "in" the bike. Only problem is that the seat rests on the plastics a little. Was a little bored and not having a jack or the shock tool yet, i had to do something. The lowering bones are on the way but I can't wait. Anyhoo,
has anyone tried this? The postions feel real nice, like a chopper style.
Just afraid on a hard bumb the plastics might crack. Any input?
Does the seat still lock down tight, and not rattle?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup it still locks. It doesn't rattle because you are sitting on it. What I figured out is by shaving the lower curvature of the seat pan it won't touch the plastics. I have always taken the rubber bushings of on my seats on my other bike with no problem. I was looking at a gel seat but the look like it sets you up a couple of inches. Defeats the lower look and feel. What I've done in the past it put some double sided m3 tape and that seems to stop it from moving. Anyhow its a cheap mod versus shelling out some big buck for a custom seat. Try it you'll know what I mean. Just saying.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Good thought. Post up how it holds up once you log some miles on it. I am not vertically challenged, but there are some that might really like this mod.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good thought. Post up how it holds up once you log some miles on it. I am not vertically challenged, but there are some that might really like this mod.
Will do. I am vertically challeged...30" inseam, for us even 1/2" is like a foot. :doh:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
Make sure it's not sitting on the plastic side panels, as the stock seat is close to those.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure it's not sitting on the plastic side panels, as the stock seat is close to those.
That is true Zoom, the edge of the seat sets right on them. Never mind this mod. It's better to shave off 1/2" off of the seat...very simple, just a little more time envoled. Well, back to the drawing board:doh:.
I just can't leave well alone. But then again "stock" is not an option.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts