M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone notce that the airboxes suck in all the hot 120 degree air that exits the radiator and cyl head area?
well the iat(intake air temp) sensor reads this temp in the airbox and inputs to the ecm for fuel ratio adustments
if the iat is unplugged and a resitor of 2.5k ohms is jumped across the harness the ecm will think the air temp is around 65 degrees and add more fuel acordingly-but only to a certain extent because the o2 sensors have the final say in rich/lean ratios

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I thought the only 109's who have O2 sensors were California bikes. I dont think the bikes built for the other states are equiped with O2 sensors. :eek:

·
Registered
86 Posts
dynarex said:
anyone notce that the airboxes suck in all the hot 120 degree air that exits the radiator and cyl head area?
well the iat(intake air temp) sensor reads this temp in the airbox and inputs to the ecm for fuel ratio adustments
if the iat is unplugged and a resitor of 2.5k ohms is jumped across the harness the ecm will think the air temp is around 65 degrees and add more fuel acordingly-but only to a certain extent because the o2 sensors have the final say in rich/lean ratios
I did this about 3 months ago but used a 3.3 k ohm. It helped my throttle response alot after I modified my exhaust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh seems to work pretty well-the more resistance the lower the temp seen by the ecm
i was gonna try the coolant temp sensor but didnt want to mess with the fan operation

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
When you say "Jumped" do you mean that you connected the prongs from the wire harness that connected to the sensor together with the resistor? and if so are there 2 sensors considering we have 2 airboxes? :confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Latinrascal said:
When you say "Jumped" do you mean that you connected the prongs from the wire harness that connected to the sensor together with the resistor? and if so are there 2 sensors considering we have 2 airboxes? :confused:
No , you have to take the connector off of the IAT sensor and a 1/4 watt resistor leads go into the connector. then tape it up so it doesn't come out and is secure.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
FYI. actually, according to the service manual, the U.S. (49 state and CA) and Canadian models do not have the dual (one per head pipe) heated o2 sensors. The Euro models including England and Austrailian models have the o2 sensors.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I thought I read a post that several California bikes have the O2 in there pipes up near the cylinder heads????? :dontknow: :doorag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts