M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHARITY RIDE FOR THE FAMILIES OF THE COAL MINERS WHO LOST THEIR LIVES THIS WEEK..... FREE BBQ AT 11 RIDE LEAVES AT NOON FROM TOMAHAWKS....PLEASE CONTACT JOSH SHONTS @ TOMAHAWKS FOR DONATIONS, ALL PROCEEDS GO TO TOMAHAWKS CHARITY FUND FOR WEST VIRGINIA COAL MINERS.. RIDE IS THIS SUNDAY!!

5930 MacCorkle Ave Saint Albans, WV 25177 (304) 201-2070

Thought you guys might be interested. I am working in PA and will not be able to make it but I wanted to pass this on.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
This is terrible, my heart goes out to those miners and there familys. And Blankinship only cares about the bottom line which is MONEY! He repusents true Corp. Greed. If it wasn't so far away, there would be many New Englanders there for this ride. Prayers sent from New Hampshire.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,138 Posts
Thanks for letting us know Romiezeus. I won't be able to make it either, but my thoughts and prayers go out to those that lost their lives and their families. My Dad is a retired coal miner and this has hit him hard too.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
This is terrible, my heart goes out to those miners and there familys. And Blankinship only cares about the bottom line which is MONEY! He repusents true Corp. Greed. If it wasn't so far away, there would be many New Englanders there for this ride. Prayers sent from New Hampshire.
How do you know Don or what goes on here in WV?:dontknow:Just curious...not being combative, wondering if you have some connection to know how his business is conducted...other than CNN.

I would protest that it's "Big city" greed not the greed of Massey Energy. Massey Energy/Don Blankenship personally has done more for this state than MANY other coal mines. To the rest of the country WV citizens are portrayed as hillbilly racist ******** and we are looked down upon by most of the big cities in the nation. Heck if you want to get specific I talked to a woman two weeks ago, a publisher from Detroit that thought Morgantown was in Virginia, but on the map it said "West" Virginia so she thought it was the Western part of Virginia!!!:eek: I get it all the time!

Our citizens will keep tunneling out that coal and suffering in poverty so people like Paris Hilton, Sean Penn and other liberal F&cks can have their lavish lifestyle, carry their dogs in their purses, tell others how to live.. and their cheap electricity will still be on for them and their big cities. :verymad:

WV and a few other states are providing the coal for the power plants around the world. but we are the ones that get told every day here that we need to turn off lights, we need to change to LED bulbs, we need to conserve energy! Have you looked in Vegas or Times Square lately??? Looks to me that a few light bulbs could be turned off before I start turning off my front porch light.:bigthumbsup:Coal mines in WV can't take a sh$t without the government watching so how does he even have control of his business.;) I doubt Blankenship had even heard of these violations. He pays people to run these mines. Coal mines have violations and they have them OFTEN! Not just this mine! Every mine! If the government inspectors would of thought that the ventilation was as big of an issue they would of shut it down. The mine can't be reopened until the citation is satisfied. That's from the MSHA inspector directly! The government is and has watched that mine enough to know the risks. If they wouldn't of been at least satisfactory then it wouldn't of been running...simple as that. If the ventilation wouldn't of been working enough it would of been too hot to even go down there!

Accidents happen in Coal mines and they are tragic. Mining accidents are a way of life around here. There's not any perfect solution to make the angels come out of the sky and magically make all coal mines be safe and never have another person die...Or what a minute.. maybe there is a good way;). Mountain top removal doesn't send anybody underground:dontknow:...Oh that's right...the EPA and liberal environmentalist bullsh&t are standing in the way of "safer" coal mining practices. And why, because it "hurts" the mountains:doh:...Have you ever seen a reclaimed mountain???? Many Golf courses are being built on these reclaimed mines. The land is put back in PRISTINE condition! New forests are planted, streams return and ponds are made. There isn't any mine subsidence like underground mines so after a few years of settling then it is safe to build houses on....But to many this is the work of the Devil:verymad:. Really!?!?! It's not okay to mountain top mine, but it's okay to put these f&cking windmills everywhere and they don't even produce enough electricity to justify the cost??!?!?! Liberal thinking at it's best!:'(

WV has a dangerous combination of large amounts of coal and LARGE amounts of Methane/Natural Gas! If you're digging for coal in the ground, deep into the earth and for miles and miles. What do you think you're gonna hit?

The rescuers said that there was very large amounts of methane in the coal mine and that's why they couldn't go in. Well, if the place had just blown up and it was already filled again with gas, then wouldn't it be reasonable to say that maybe they hit a pocket or stream of gas that could of unloaded into the mine causing it to explode??? Before I blame everything on Don Blankenship and the scape goat of "Corporate Greed" I want to know the real story. CNN is going out making it look the way that fit's their agenda. Yesterday was the first time that I heard someone talk that even sounded like they have seen a mine in person. They are purposefully making it look this way to try to get people to support the removal of coal as a fuel in this country.(President's stated agenda and very apparent by his use of the EPA to force his will on the mines) This will cost tens of thousands of jobs in this state, further throw WV's into poverty and bankrupt the state as the leading income producer for the state is Coal mining taxes.

Massey is providing the jobs for these guys with TONS of government agencies plus the Unions(even though he's a non union company, that just means he has to pay that much more attention to the unions.) looking over his shoulder all the time, so the government would be just as responsible in this as Blankenship IMO!:-\

BTW...Did you know that Massey miners are the best paid in the state, best provided for, and allotted a large amount of vacation days. It's interesting how when the Union is removed that people actually make more....hummmm. Oh and they don't have to pay the Union dues either. It's getting to be very close to where I'm wondering if this mine might of actually been attacked and not an accident to make Massey go Union. Blankenship is a concervative and doesn't buy into government BS...Why would the UMWA support Obama when he want to remove coal as a source of fuel.... wouldn't that cause all their members to loose their jobs??? Of course, but the Union gains power and access to the President, that's what it's all about for the Unions now, not the miners! They used to serve a purpose. Now they make their miners strike for a minimal difference in health care costs, but that strike costs the miners more than if they would of just agreed to the clause.

Thanks Rom for letting us know. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
501 Posts
well said huff! working for the power co. we get hammered just about as bad! i get tired of the whiners out there crying about coal. i say turn off your power for a week and then tell me how bad coal is! no cell phone,computer,hot water,lights etc....

·
Registered
6 Posts
From a WBOY comment

Homer Hickam spoke the words of a coal miner's philosophy at the Sago Memorial Service held January 18, 2006 and those words have stuck with me all these years. A coal miner's philosophy: "We are proud of who we are. We stand for what we believe. We keep our families together. We trust in God but rely on ourselves. We do what needs to be done. We are not afraid."

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Hey Torq... I really didn't mean to have the above sound as bad as it did.:-\ My sentence in the beginning was more to see if you did know something I didn't.
Don Blankenship was an old client of mine. He ran for Governor and ran ads also when Sago happened. Both times he worked with me personally to place the ads. And during the Sago ad you could hear the sincerity his voice. There's not many Bazillionaires out there that do that so hands on. Now...we didn't hang out or have drinks or anything, that's why I asked if you knew something, not to be a smart ass. Sorry.

I agree with his business philosophy and maybe he lost that since I talked with him, but with all the information that's coming out locally about this mine I don't think he has. As more and more things are coming out the more I am leaning towards this was a Union Attack. They are not uncommon in WV.

I'm sure those touched personally by this tragedy would very much appreciate your words. It wasn't my intention to take from that but to send out some truth that hasn't been available to people. If a coal miner, Union or NonUnion, were to say what I did they could run a chance of very severe repercussions that could effect them physically, financially and endanger their family.

Been wanting to say something about this for a long time. Wasn't sure how to word it. I appreciate what you said, and that's the reason why I bring information out that needs to be said. Rest assured that my political rants are not reserved only to these two boards. I speak twenty times that amount around the community and state wide in appropriate forums.

I'm sorry about sounding harsh. I didn't mean it the way it could of been read. I hope I'm wrong about the above, but I fear I'm not.

Anyway. I don't have anything against you and sure didn't want to create anything.:bigthumbsup: We cool?;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.