M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us are at a rally and the cell phone needs to be charged up and nowhere is electric sockets or with the navagation system can´t run forever either without being charged up so here is the answer I had it installed today. Of course for all the smokers it might come in handy too

At first I thought where can I hide this thing and still have easy access ??? It may not be the perfect solution but I can live with it and the rubber part (cover lid) on top is water proof too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey that's pretty cool... :bigthumbsup:

mind if I ask ya how much that set you back....I'd been thinking about something similar, but have no concrete plans or direction as yet.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bconnally1 said:
hey that's pretty cool... :bigthumbsup:

mind if I ask ya how much that set you back....I'd been thinking about something similar, but have no concrete plans or direction as yet.
No not at all, the part cost me (don´t forget Germany is high, you can get it at Discount auto parts or similar for much less I am sure ;)) the part cost me around $15 and a friend of mine who customizes bikes installed it for $10 :bigthumbsup: Even put an extra fuse inbetween just in case sometime somewhere something went wrong it will just knock out the fuse instead of going direct to the battery :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Right on. I appreciate that. I'll be needing some kind of power in the future so I can hook up my cell phone or MP3 player or whatever techno gadget I might have.

that's a heck of a lot better than the $150+ I have seen for some handlebar mounted ones.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bruno said:
Forgive me, but with my bad eyes and the small picture, I am having a hard time figuring out exactly where on the bike you mounted that. Could you tell me where exactly that is mounted. Thanks in advance. There is a company called Powerlet that sells tons of items like that. http://www.powerletproducts.com/products.php?mid=1
the neck panel on the side where the kick stand is.

firecat said:
On that setup did he put in quick disconnects for the Lighter so you can take off the pannel?
Disconnet no but all you have to do if you have the lighter plugged in is pull the lighter out and close the rubber lid,(That way no water or moisture can get in)
aceventura said:
Nice Idea... :bigthumbsup: clean install :bigthumbsup:...mjm
Thankyou
bconnally1 said:
Right on. I appreciate that. I'll be needing some kind of power in the future so I can hook up my cell phone or MP3 player or whatever techno gadget I might have.

that's a heck of a lot better than the $150+ I have seen for some handlebar mounted ones.
Thats exactly my thoughts :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just got finished powering up my GPS....I placed my Cig Adapter behind my headlight the Black part covering the back of your headlight. Came out nice. Thanks for the Idea 4hr battery life doesn't last long.....:bigthumbsup:

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,767 Posts
:agree:

I just got one at Pep Boys for less than $10, and I will be mounting it in the black back to the headlight cowl. It also has the waterproof cover, and I will use shrink-tubing for the connectors to the accessory plug. For overkill I might heat shrink the whole back of the thing

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Very clean installation; looks great! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I didn't wanna take the Chance in Messing up the Hole and not really too fond of drilling a BIG ol Hole in my nice Paint. I figured drilling it behind the headlight if I messed up who would see it besides if that happened I got the other side I can start over.

Now I can carry my Air Pump with me, My Cell Phone charger, And even a Cig Lighter. Might grab me Radar Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa who needs a Radar:joke:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Nice Work

Very nice Mad Dog. I had been thinking about that. I like where you have it mounted.:clap2::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Be careful if you got Crash Bars the Top Clamp mount Bolt might be in the Way. Check things out before Drilling Bro.........:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
I like the back of the headlight bucket location. Might have to keep that in mind if I ever do the Grand Daddy Stebel Harness.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I mounted mine on top of the triple tree, up close to the bucket but angled out a little so you can get the power adapter in it easily. Stuck it on with 3M double stick tape and it was done, and you can barely see it in there.

I got the waterproof one at Wal-Mart too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Word to the wise.....Don't buy the EMGO brand cig lighter and watch out for others....

I installed an EMGO lighter outlet on my old VTX and you could never keep the power plug from vibrating out of it! Frustrating....cruisin' down the highway with my GPS plugged in to charge and it powers down after a few minutes...only to find that the power plug unseated. I even mounted it straight up and down to minimize the possibility.

I will use powerlet from now on. Or try this if you want to hard wire your GPS unit.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Good idea, although I think I would have concealed it. Not a big fan of having a cigarette lighter exposed... as my mother would say, "a little tacky".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts