M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm familar changing my oil on the VTX... Which I bought a great bike stand that makes life so much easier. After looking under the M, I noticed that I may not be able to use the bike stand. UGH!!

I see that where you adjust the Rear Suspension, there's a metal plate that looks like it can be removed?? Way that it looks, you might bend up that plate if you rest the bike on the stand.. The stand is approx. 23 inches wide, you put the MC jack under the bike, jack it up, and then place the stand around the jack. Allowing you to drop it on the stand.

Any other tips and tricks on this? The oil filter is in about the easiest spot Suzuki could think of... Just trying to get a oil drain pan under the bike looks to be a pain without a stand of some sort.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
ConnRadd said:
I'm familar changing my oil on the VTX... Which I bought a great bike stand that makes life so much easier. After looking under the M, I noticed that I may not be able to use the bike stand. UGH!!

I see that where you adjust the Rear Suspension, there's a metal plate that looks like it can be removed?? Way that it looks, you might bend up that plate if you rest the bike on the stand.. The stand is approx. 23 inches wide, you put the MC jack under the bike, jack it up, and then place the stand around the jack. Allowing you to drop it on the stand.

Any other tips and tricks on this? The oil filter is in about the easiest spot Suzuki could think of... Just trying to get a oil drain pan under the bike looks to be a pain without a stand of some sort.
Get yourself some disposable aluminum baking pans ( super market ).....leave the bike on the kickstand when you drain the oil! The pans are only 2" deep and will slide under the bike. Make sure you get pans long enough to go under both front and rear drain plugs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did that on my first oil change on my X, it does work. It's tight under the bike. I might talk with the guy that I bought the stand from and see what adjustment he can do...

Thanks for the tip...

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
ConnRadd said:
I did that on my first oil change on my X, it does work. It's tight under the bike. I might talk with the guy that I bought the stand from and see what adjustment he can do...

Thanks for the tip...
Forgot to mention......get yourself three pieces of 2 X 10 pine, 12 to 14 inches long. Drive your bike onto the boards and place a piece under your kick stand, you'll pick up a additional 1 and 1/2 inches in height. I also use this method to get my Sears Motorcycle Jack under my bike.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
if you can stand the bike straight up, you'd be surprised how much more oil comes out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts