M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this has been covered, but i just cant seem to find the thread or threads covering the topic. If someone could point me in the right direction or help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

My question is just that, Can you take off the entire headlight assembly of an R1 and swap it out for an R2 assembly? If so is it simply a matter of unbolting one and bolting on the other? Does it leave any visual indications that there was a R1 headlight assembly on the bike after the swap?

Thanks!

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Some R2 guys have wanted to change to an R, but I never saw anyone post up that they have done it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some R2 guys have wanted to change to an R, but I never saw anyone post up that they have done it.
REALLY? That shocks the hell out of me. I would think with all the MODs going on here certainly one person had done the swap?

Is there a suzuki rep on here that might be able to answer the question? It makes sense that Suzuki would make the 2 different models with as little difference when it comes to assembly as possible. I would think idealy they would make it so either head light assemble could bolt on exactly the same way.

Curious...I would have really thought someone would have tried this. Maybe Ill be the first. Of course Ill need someone who has an R2 and wants a R headlight assembly.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
REALLY? That shocks the hell out of me. I would think with all the MODs going on here certainly one person had done the swap?

Is there a suzuki rep on here that might be able to answer the question? It makes sense that Suzuki would make the 2 different models with as little difference when it comes to assembly as possible. I would think idealy they would make it so either head light assemble could bolt on exactly the same way.

Curious...I would have really thought someone would have tried this. Maybe Ill be the first. Of course Ill need someone who has an R2 and wants a R headlight assembly.
That will be an easy find. As the R2 headlight bucket costs way less and has less parts. I guess it all depends on your color.

·
Registered
260 Posts
r2 has a chrome top cover and lower black cover , same on all bikes regardless of bike colour.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That will be an easy find. As the R2 headlight bucket costs way less and has less parts. I guess it all depends on your color.
r2 has a chrome top cover and lower black cover , same on all bikes regardless of bike colour.......
Win win for me I guess. Thanks for the information guys. Fatts let me know if you find all the pieces for your R2 assembly.

·
Registered
259 Posts
actually or at least i should say on my 08 it has a chrome top with a color matched bottom

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Check out one of these sites and look at the parts explosion. It will give you an idea of what you need.

Parts :
For seeing part explosions and for buying OE parts. they do not sell the parts at the same price , so I would look at them all. This is in the Bang for the Bucks thread.

1. Oneida Suzuki

2. Babbitts

3. Alpha Sports

4. Ron Ayers

5. Action Parts

·
Registered
216 Posts
:agree:
actually or at least i should say on my 08 it has a chrome top with a color matched bottom
Don't know about the rest but ....Same here on my 08....

·
Registered
148 Posts
in the deal to trade my 06 9 in on the 08 r-2 was to swap out the h-light. mechanic started to and then said it would take too long because you have to unhook the brake lines that are routed thru the light brackets. so they tried to charge me 3 hours labor. i declined that and kept the r-2 design. but he said he would have to change out the brackets with the 06 light because they are different as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts