M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 109 a few years ago, but still have the pleasure of working on them from time to time.

I have a stock 07 Limited in the shop right now. We installed chrome wheels, and now it's idling at 2000 rpm. My bike did it once or twice when I had it, but cycling the key made it go away. Tried that with this bike, and no luck. Disconnected the battery, no luck. Removed the IAC and cleaned it,....no luck.:edit:

Anyone ever figure out exactly causes this? Is there a fix?

thanks

Tony

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Is there a TRE like the JSD-3M on it? :dontknow:

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
I sold my 109 a few years ago, but still have the pleasure of working on them from time to time.

I have a stock 07 Limited in the shop right now. We installed chrome wheels, and now it's idling at 2000 rpm. My bike did it once or twice when I had it, but cycling the key made it go away. Tried that with this bike, and no luck. Disconnected the battery, no luck. Removed the IAC and cleaned it,....no luck.:edit:

thanks

Tony
I have an 07 le and had this happen two times-both times while the low gas warning light came on. Put fuel in her and it didnt happen again til I pushed her low.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I had a air leak in the air box that made my bike idling high.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
sometimes you will get a slightly higher idle when you start the bike and do not allow it to complete it's cycle completely.

next time it does this:
1) turn off the bike
2) turn the key back ON
3) allow the bike to complete it's cycle completely
you shouldn't have any problems after that. my bike does the occasional high-idle every now and again and but it rarely happens. it has done it about 3-4 over the past two years.

however, if you have a JSD-3 on the bike then it sounds as if it might be going out and either need replacing or perhaps an upgrade to a gipro.

keep us posted on what you find out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Once again, the bike is stock. Stock, as in the way it came from the dealer, except the chrome wheels we just installed. So, to make it clear, stock air filter, stock exhaust, NO JSD, or any other TRE, no pc 3, stock plugs, stock heads, stock cams, stock tires, STOCK.

I did let the bike run, for over 20 minutes. I rode it for a few miles, I tried various combinations of starting procedures, and it still idles at 2000 rpm.

Tony

·
Registered
461 Posts
The bike is just excited that it got new chrome wheels...it cant contain itself..:bigthumbsup:

I'm sorry...this post is of no help to you :redfaced:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Once again, the bike is stock. Stock, as in the way it came from the dealer, except the chrome wheels we just installed. So, to make it clear, stock air filter, stock exhaust, NO JSD, or any other TRE, no pc 3, stock plugs, stock heads, stock cams, stock tires, STOCK.

I did let the bike run, for over 20 minutes. I rode it for a few miles, I tried various combinations of starting procedures, and it still idles at 2000 rpm.

Tony
Sounds like the throttle bodies need to be synced. Mine idles high (not as high as the one you're working on, mine idles at about 1200), but I think mine needs a sync procedure done as well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
attitude adjustment

sounds like an attitude adjustment is needed,for one who comes seeking help you don't seem to friendly and i do believe some of us got the message,good luck. :dontknow:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sounds like an attitude adjustment is needed,for one who comes seeking help you don't seem to friendly and i do believe some of us got the message,good luck. :dontknow:
All I was trying to do was make it clear that the bike was stock. I mention in the very first post it was stock, and keep getting asked about JSD. If it upset you, forgive me. I just wanted to make the point that it is stock, as some didn't get the message.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
high idle

check for a vacumn leak - hose off, cracked, unmetered air will cause high
idle more than any other cause...however , my buddy is setting here- he said to check to make sure the throttle closes fully at the grip, adjust it if needed.

hope these might help - good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll check sync, but the symptom seems like a known issues with this model motorcycle. Also, I would be quite surprised if it were sync, as the issue just started out of the blue, and the bike was running fine before.

G

·

thanks

Tony
Maybe it liked it's old wheels, and now it's throwing a hissy fit?:dontknow::joke: Sorry bro...hope they sort it out.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
It sounds like the IAC motor. Suzuki has had some problems with them. I think they were recalled on some bikes, not M109Rs. They just get stuck in a certain postion. But it should clear it's self.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We did put a new IAC valce in, and the problem continued. We checked the old IAC, and it ohm'd out of spec per manual. We had the dealer hook up SDS, and marry the new IAC, and problem was fixed.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sounds like he was trying to say "Thank You" to Ryno but fell quite
a bit short.
Glad the IAC motor/valve Ryno suggested was it...now you can get paid for
getting the chrome wheels on for your customer.

A big :yourock:to Ryno!

Jeff / Foo

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
We did put a new IAC valce in, and the problem continued. We checked the old IAC, and it ohm'd out of spec per manual. We had the dealer hook up SDS, and marry the new IAC, and problem was fixed.
Anyone know what the IAC valve is. Also what is an SDS ???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts