M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The uglyest thing on the 109 is the head light then the rear fender the raidiator.
I would love to see the 109 without a headlight but I don't think anyone has done this . Is it too hard to do because if not I know that I am not the only one who hates it?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i like the headlight. but to answer your question, anything is possible. i'm sure you could mount a light bar up there. you'll have to find a home for some of the electronics that are in there though. i'm pretty sure the flasher relay is in there at least.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree about the head light. I basically bought the bike for the motor not the style of the bike. I might try putting a "traditional" Light up front.

·
Registered
817 Posts
phaed said:
i like the headlight. but to answer your question, anything is possible. i'm sure you could mount a light bar up there. you'll have to find a home for some of the electronics that are in there though. i'm pretty sure the flasher relay is in there at least.
Electronics are fairly easy to relocate. I would think the hardest thing to move might be the brake lines behind the nacelle.

Of course I, for one, love the headlight, the rear fender, AND the radiator. If I had wanted another me-too-retro-knockoff-cruiser, I'd have bought one. It's not like there aren't plenty out there.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wanted said:
Electronics are fairly easy to relocate. I would think the hardest thing to move might be the brake lines behind the nacelle.

Of course I, for one, love the headlight, the rear fender, AND the radiator. If I had wanted another me-too-retro-knockoff-cruiser, I'd have bought one. It's not like there aren't plenty out there.
So your saying that removing the headlight nacelle will make it a "me too retro knockoff cruiser"? I dissagree with that statement because there are a ton of other styling ques that seperate this bike from the pack.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think the headlight flows into the rest of the bike. However bikes are all about customization and fitting them to your personality so I think people should change whatever they want.

There is a lot behind there though. You will have to do some work to make it pretty.

·
Registered
250 Posts
shivaman said:
The uglyest thing on the 109 is the head light then the rear fender the raidiator.
I would love to see the 109 without a headlight but I don't think anyone has done this . Is it too hard to do because if not I know that I am not the only one who hates it?
The current config reminds me old MIG-15 and Sabre F86 fighter jets. Mig109R ;)Â

How do you like those paint jobs?
I really like what Suzuki came up with!

- Polartek

G

·
I have to admit that I too wanted to remove the headlight nachelle and switch if for a more traditional headlight. The whole front kind of reminds me of the mother alien's head from the movie series "aliens". I have take the nachelle off on several occasions to try and get a feel for what it would look like and I keep realizing that is part of what makes the bike unique. VTX owners could add one from the aftermarket but ours comes stock. Just like the 240 rear. I am keeping mine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I`ll admit that when I first saw the bike on the net I didn`t like the headlight, but that all changed once I went to the dealership and looked at a real one, I REALLY like it now, I like just about everything about it and that`s the reason why I bought one. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
231 Posts
M109Rican said:
I`ll admit that when I first saw the bike on the net I didn`t like the headlight, but that all changed once I went to the dealership and looked at a real one, I REALLY like it now, I like just about everything about it and that`s the reason why I bought one. :bigthumbsup:
I was kinda wondering about the headlight too but after seeing it from all angles...

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
shivaman said:
The uglyest thing on the 109 is the head light then the rear fender the raidiator.
There were several style issues I had with the bike before I bought it. I removed some of them and painted it to get rid of the rest. If you want to make some changes by doing some paint work let me know I would be happy to help you.

·
Registered
398 Posts
quote author=shivaman link=topic=817.msg9011#msg9011 date=1148007758]
The uglyest thing on the 109 is the head light then the rear fender the raidiator.
Might as well go buy yourself a vtx or any other of hundreds of cruisers that look the same. I love the way this bike looks and would not change a thing. It's distintive and looks nothing like anything else you see out on the road

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
It wouldn't be that big of a deal to change out the headlight, then you could look like all the rest of the V-twins out there. ;)
The only thing I really hate about this bike is the tank seem and I'm going to fix that. 8)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
lol polartek. funny thing is, that paint job actually looks pretty good!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts