M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a company that makes ceramic brake pads for motorcyles...especially the M109R? I have heard and read that ceramic brakes are the best you can get for an automobile, and I was wondering if they are available for the 9.

Someone, anyone, please let me hear from you on this.

Thanks.

BCRUZN

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a company that makes ceramic brake pads for motorcyles...especially the M109R? I have heard and read that ceramic brakes are the best you can get for an automobile, and I was wondering if they are available for the 9.

Someone, anyone, please let me hear from you on this.

Thanks.

BCRUZN
EBC Double-H Sintered pads are ceramic. They use sintered copper fibers embedded in a ceramic compound. I run them front and rear and love them. DLP sells them here.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I use the same ones....well rears ,I have yet to need the fronts replaced, but they're sitting in my toolbox till needed. They work at least as good as stock...maybe better:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
EBC Double-H Sintered pads are ceramic. They use sintered copper fibers embedded in a ceramic compound. I run them front and rear and love them. DLP sells them here.
I just put these on a couple days ago, and they are twice the braking power of the stockers, and my rims are not dusted with black dust every time I get home. They work really well.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I just put these on a couple days ago, and they are twice the braking power of the stockers, and my rims are not dusted with black dust every time I get home. They work really well.
Answered my question. I believe I have cleaned my wheels way more times than the rest of the bike. Might be worth getting even before the stockers need replacing

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Seapup, Gramps, and Nemo. I saw those on the DLP website when I was trying to locate ceramic brakes for the 9, but I had no idea those were ceramic. The price is very reasonable as well.

I will be putting them on both of my 9s during the winter months.

Thanks again.

BCRUZN

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Everyone that I know who runs these pads really likes them and state that they are better then the stock pads.

·
Registered
144 Posts
but do they outlast the stock pads ??

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I put some on my connie, and when it rains and they get wet, ya have NO brakes...........

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I put some on my connie, and when it rains and they get wet, ya have NO brakes...........
:agree: I noticed some very drastic brake fade when they got wet but I didn't have to clean my wheels as often if that makes up for not being able to stop!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
:agree: I noticed some very drastic brake fade when they got wet but I didn't have to clean my wheels as often if that makes up for not being able to stop!
LOL nooooooooo I prefer to stop, Stopping is a good thing LOL

·
Registered
534 Posts
Has anyone on here had experience with SBS brake pads? Like to hear some reviews if you have used them.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Wow, this post came at a PERFECT time. i ve got a really loose rear rotor and was gonna buy those same EBc pads and swap 'em out since ill have the rotor off for a day while i sqeeze the bushings a bit tighter. i live in the Pacific northwest and we are known for getting a little rain here and there...not much really, only like 330 days a year ! the rest of the time its cloudy and only DAMP !

putting those EBC's on would not be a good idea around here based on those reviews of thier performance when wet.

i dont care to start a ride in the rain and usually wont, but around here you start off sometimes when its clear and an hour later its a downpour !

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Wow, this post came at a PERFECT time. i ve got a really loose rear rotor and was gonna buy those same EBc pads and swap 'em out since ill have the rotor off for a day while i sqeeze the bushings a bit tighter. i live in the Pacific northwest and we are known for getting a little rain here and there...not much really, only like 330 days a year ! the rest of the time its cloudy and only DAMP !

putting those EBC's on would not be a good idea around here based on those reviews of thier performance when wet.

i dont care to start a ride in the rain and usually wont, but around here you start off sometimes when its clear and an hour later its a downpour !
yup yup, and yup, but ya had to let the cat out of the bag. I am trying to create this illusion that the NW is perfect riding environment LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts