M109 Rider Forums banner

Central Texas Hill Country Ride 12-17-2006

6K views 125 replies 9 participants last post by  steve j 
#1 ·
CHANGED THE DATE TO 12-17-2006!!!! DISREGARD THE RESCHEDULE THIS MESSAGES!!!!!!

Setting up a THCR 12-17-2006...weather should be nice...the scenery I know will be!!

gonna ride some and eat breakfast...ride some more and eat lunch!!!

the more the merrier!!!!!!!!

#2 ·
Re: Central Texas Hill Country Ride 12-03-2006

like I said in the PM I am in. I have a few PM's out to some others so we shall see if they answer. I got to see that blacked out night rod at the bike show the other day! saweet! I was not too impressed with the 109LE (Limited Edition). looked like a regular 109 but had a V-Rod looking headlight and stripes down the center of the tank and fenders along with clear tail light and turn signals. The Kaw Connie 14 supersport tourer looked good and with 150 hp to the rear wheel and a 100 ftbs of torque along with hard bags I guess you can get where you are going in style! Little disappointed they did not have the big Suzy B-King there. supposed to sell this one stateside or so the rumor goes. Naked bike/modern styling with a Hayabusa motor and 240 rear tire! see ya on the flip side. will get details as they develope. :bigthumbsup:

#3 ·

steve j said:
like I said in the PM I am in. I have a few PM's out to some others so we shall see if they answer. I got to see that blacked out night rod at the bike show the other day! saweet! I was not too impressed with the 109LE (Limited Edition). looked like a regular 109 but had a V-Rod looking headlight and stripes down the center of the tank and fenders along with clear tail light and turn signals. The Kaw Connie 14 supersport tourer looked good and with 150 hp to the rear wheel and a 100 ftbs of torque along with hard bags I guess you can get where you are going in style! Little disappointed they did not have the big Suzy B-King there. supposed to sell this one stateside or so the rumor goes. Naked bike/modern styling with a Hayabusa motor and 240 rear tire! see ya on the flip side. will get details as they develope. :bigthumbsup:
sounds good Steve!!!

#8 ·

03svtsnakevert said:
can you meet us in Killeen, Tx at the IHOP around 9am?????
sounds good. I know I will feel better this time around after having some sleep before riding. Still have not heard from Dalton yet but he is on the road a lot. Since myself and rockinrose will be heading out from the same general area we will get together to figure out a time to meet and leave so we can get there on time. :bigthumbsup:

#9 ·

steve j said:
sounds good. I know I will feel better this time around after having some sleep before riding. Still have not heard from Dalton yet but he is on the road a lot. Since myself and rockinrose will be heading out from the same general area we will get together to figure out a time to meet and leave so we can get there on time. :bigthumbsup:
we do have a slight problem with the day...The cowboys play at noon and I don't want to miss the game as they are playing the Giants...not sure what to do in this situation...

#10 ·

03svtsnakevert said:
we do have a slight problem with the day...The cowboys play at noon and I don't want to miss the game as they are playing the Giants...not sure what to do in this situation...
Solution, either we find a place with the game on at lunch or you ride and worry about it later or TiVo it and watch it later! :D

#11 ·

I'm in. I hope this weather pattern holds for a while. Tailor-made bikin weather! Time, meet place, etc. you'll provide? I'm in SA.
Re: Pokes-Giants: I have a Treo 650. I can retrieve up to the minute sports updates. I'll take the Cowboys by 17.... "The Revenge of Romo".

#12 ·

I hope Snake puts away football fever for this ride anyway. The pokes just started playing good ball since they went Romosexual :D Rockinrose and I live a lot closer to Hico than you guys down south but I am trying to talk him into riding down south a ways to meet up with everybody since we have the advantage on the way home. :bigthumbsup:

#13 ·

steve j said:
I hope Snake puts away football fever for this ride anyway. The pokes just started playing good ball since they went Romosexual :D Rockinrose and I live a lot closer to Hico than you guys down south but I am trying to talk him into riding down south a ways to meet up with everybody since we have the advantage on the way home. :bigthumbsup:
we'll have to see what to do...I am a die hard fan and they have been playing great!!!! However, haven't ridden in a while nor seen you guys...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#14 ·

03svtsnakevert said:
we'll have to see what to do...I am a die hard fan and they have been playing great!!!! However, haven't ridden in a while nor seen you guys...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I know it's always better to watch when they are playing like a team and doing good. It's up to you, unless you don't mind recording it and we promise not to tell you the score until you see it. Rockinrose said maybe there is a sports bar in around the Hico area that will have it on? Dalton is up for the ride too and I think he is coming out of Austin, the other guy posted is out of SA and you. I don't know of any others in your group but I did tell Rockinrose I would not mind meeting you guys further south from here since we would have to leave here at 5am to get to Killeen and I don't think he was up for it. Hico is not a real big deal from where we are so we have the advantage going home but I would meet you guys on the road south of Hico somewhere. What roads would you take out of Lampassas? I know 287 puts you in the right direction towards Hico and it is a nice road, we rode it back last time. Just keep us informed. I just heard it might be a little cooler that weekend to, something about a canadian front. I am ok in the mid to upper 40's but I don't like rain.....later bro. :bigthumbsup:

#15 ·

How about 183 South from Lampasas to 29 East to Georgetown. Find a place for a bite and some Cowboy stompin Giant action. Then 29 West to 281 South dowm through Marble Falls, etc.

#17 ·

steve j said:
I think Snake owes us one further north this time since we played down his way last time. :D
yeah, we will come up with something...

Steve are you going to meet in Killeen or somewhere else???

#18 ·

03svtsnakevert said:
yeah, we will come up with something...

Steve are you going to meet in Killeen or somewhere else???
I thought about it but Rockinrose reminded me we would have to be up and on our way at 5am or so to get there in time. Thinking about meeting you guys further north somewhere. Were you planning on going up 287 a ways? I know it heads in the general direction of Hico since Rockinrose and I took it up to nearly Stephenville before we got on I-20 back into cowtown. whats a good halfway point from Lampassas to Hico? Dalton said he was up for it too, coming up out of Austin. Sounds like forewheeler can meet him in Austin then they can meet you guys in Killen and we can meet you all some where up from that. Any one else in your group Snake? :bigthumbsup:

#19 ·

steve j said:
I thought about it but Rockinrose reminded me we would have to be up and on our way at 5am or so to get there in time. Thinking about meeting you guys further north somewhere. Were you planning on going up 287 a ways? I know it heads in the general direction of Hico since Rockinrose and I took it up to nearly Stephenville before we got on I-20 back into cowtown. whats a good halfway point from Lampassas to Hico? Dalton said he was up for it too, coming up out of Austin. Sounds like forewheeler can meet him in Austin then they can meet you guys in Killen and we can meet you all some where up from that. Any one else in your group Snake? :bigthumbsup:
my dad is going to ride...I didn't ask the V-Star guy and I might have someone else...If I do ride, I am going to have to find a place to watch the game at noon

#20 ·

Hey guys, what is the chance that we can do this tomorrow?????

sunday ride and no cowboy game...sounds like a win win

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

#21 ·

Depending on what ya'll want to do, I'll be coming up 281 if you want to do breakfast in Lampasas. Hico a little to far for a round trip from SA. If you're going to Georgetown, I'll come up I-35 and meet you there. Let me know ya'll's plan :bigthumbsup:

#22 ·

Hogthong said:
Depending on what ya'll want to do, I'll be coming up 281 if you want to do breakfast in Lampasas. Hico a little to far for a round trip from SA. If you're going to Georgetown, I'll come up I-35 and meet you there. Let me know ya'll's plan :bigthumbsup:
sure will!!!

#23 ·

Hogthong said:
Depending on what ya'll want to do, I'll be coming up 281 if you want to do breakfast in Lampasas. Hico a little to far for a round trip from SA. If you're going to Georgetown, I'll come up I-35 and meet you there. Let me know ya'll's plan :bigthumbsup:
What part of SA are you from? I'm Northwest SA. Figure we could ride up 281, hook up w/ Dalton if he wants, continue up 281 to Hico. PM me if you want.

#26 ·

forewheeler said:
What part of SA are you from? I'm Northwest SA. Figure we could ride up 281, hook up w/ Dalton if he wants, continue up 281 to Hico. PM me if you want.
I live off 1604 and Redland Road. Looks like we may have to reschedule. Temps up to Lampasas are going to be high of 40 :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.