M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have many owners in the CNY area? It would be cool to put a ride together. 8)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright! in just one day the list has doubled! Welcome aboard. I am in Lansing about 52 miles to the Dome. What color did you get? And what dealer?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not Central but almost. Live in Orange County. Black Bike. I often ride on Route 97 going in your direction. Beautiful ride along the river.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
taijiman said:
Not Central but almost. Live in Orange County. Black Bike. I often ride on Route 97 going in your direction. Beautiful ride along the river.
I hail fron NE Pa. Have been riding Rt 97 and 17. You right! It's beautiful along the river! Ride a Silver 109 :) :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey now,
Syracuse, N.Y. ( Red 07 ) Sport-mann Suzuki / Honda :2cool: :hot: :hot:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a suggested "destination ride" for those of you in or near central NY for the weekend of July 27-29. If you would like to experience a different kind of racing, check out the Madison County Gravity Fest 6 (MCGFVI) in Munnsville / Stockbridge. I will not have my LE there, but I will be starting the festivities off by riding the Jet Luge through the center of town to lead the parade on Friday night, and will be competing in Pro Street Luge and classic style (finals Sunday afternoon). Besides the parade, town fair with balloon rides, parties at American Legion Post #54 you can watch and perhaps try out the sports of street luge, downhill skateboarding, classic style, downhill in-line and gravity bikes. If you like racing through the twisties you will enjoy seeing us try to slam through crash corner to make it to the finish line first.

Last year I took myself out, leading the finals, pulling over 2 G's in crash corner and clipped the last couple of hay bails on the exit.

Here are the links to the event
http://www.madisoncountygravityfest.com/
http://www.gravitysportsinternational.com/

If you are real ballzy bring your helmet, leathers, shoes you dont mind burning up, insurance card and $35 to take some practice runs. I have equipment.

This is a real family friendly event. See you there

PS Does anyone have a travel trailer for rent? All the hotels are booked.

PSS. Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I think you will not want to miss this.

Ride safe
Bob
www.jetluge.net

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
yeah defineately mines in shop right now layed it doswn about a month ago getting it back togethor plus few goodies

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is a bump up for my post (above) on the Gravity Fest this weekend in Madison County. If you are looking for a destination ride this weekend this event could be a treat for ya. You don't have to like skateboards... this is 60 to 70 mph racing just one inch off the road... in a local festival format. Come have some fun and ask for Blue Smoke............ (me)

have fun
bob

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jetluge said:
This is a bump up for my post (above) on the Gravity Fest this weekend in Madison County. If you are looking for a destination ride this weekend this event could be a treat for ya. You don't have to like skateboards... this is 60 to 70 mph racing just one inch off the road... in a local festival format. Come have some fun and ask for Blue Smoke............ (me)

have fun
bob
Bob, glad to know you got back from Guam safely, but is there anywhere you don't go. Wish I would have known you were going up there sooner as I was just south in Newburgh last weekend. I rode mama on the back up there to her brothers 40th b-day. Would have stay awhile longer.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'M IN ROCHESTER,NY - CENTRAL NEW YORK TO US IS ROCHESTER TO SCHENECTEDY
DOWN TO FINGERLAKES REGION .....LOL
I DON'T THINK NORTHERN PA. IS EVEN IN NY

·
Registered
63 Posts
drcad said:
JetLuge, you are one crazy MoFo! :doorag: :super: :bigthumbsup:
Me Crazy? You don't think riding a 700 lb machine at 100 plus in traffic, hugging 5 gallons of gas, wearing jeans and a t-shirt is a bit crazier than me riding a 32 lb machine at 75 mph on a closed road with no gas, wearing full race leathers and a full face helmet? At one inch ride height I dont have far to fall..

But Thanks for the thought.... it's what keeps the fans coming out.... :D See ya in NY

Bob

PS I saw no 9's in Guam..... but they do have a new Harley Dealer and lots of sportsters with loud pipes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts