M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These :cus: :swear: :edit: :cus: :realmad: cellphone blabbers

I came down one of our backroads here in town and I came up to an intersection. I had right away, i.e. no stop-sign. From the right came a white Van towards the stop sign and it was a female doing yadda-yadda on the cellphone.

I was prepared and going sloow. She looked at me, we had eyecontact and then she looked forward and guess what? Yes, she started to roll out in the street and then she looked again at me, same look as before, and here her brain must have kicked in because she slam-braked the car. I just kinda laughed to myself and shook my head....

...then I had this car coming out from Wal-mart p-lot and I was in left lane and saw this blue car with a cellphone blabbering driver going out in right lane and I was prepared again , this time she ( it was a "she") started to swirl over into my lane and she saw me at the last moment, I was already slowing down , but this time I took my left hand to my mouth and did like telephone and "BLA-BLA-BLA" sign to her.

She got so "scared", so she fell back about 200 feet behind me.

Me, mean , big bad biker LOL :joke: :D :D

Well,,watch out, these cellphone dudes are a dangerouse spieces.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yep gotta watch the retards on the phones.. I was riding with a buddy of mine last year and some lady talking on the phone starts to come over in his lane so he punches her mirror on her car and completely knocks it off..I will bet next time she thinks before she changes lanes talking on the phone. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I experienced the "Cell Phone Slide" a couple of days ago. Jr and I were riding, stopping at a red light.......lady behind me (on her cell phone) realized, at the last second, that the light was red. She locked up the brakes, turned the wheel and slid quite a ways.

Jr and I usually share a lane at stops (to talk), so even though a couple of bike lengths behind, I had enough room to pull up next to him and avoid gett'in hit ! However, I WAS able to count the bugs on the front of her car !

G

·
Three weeks ago friend of mine in a WalMart parking lot was riding through to get to the exit. Young gal talking on the cell phone T-boned him, then just kept going. Came back 4 minutes later with her brother driving the car and tried to tell the cops thta he was driving the whole time, not her. Broke his knee, ankle and femur. I spend 3000 minutes a month on my cell for work and such, but it is becoming an epidemic with people not paying attention while driving.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I dont know why they dont make it illeagle to talk on your phone while driving. I mean people will still do regardless but at least that way it will cost them if they get caught. Maybe save a few lives along the way.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Cap, years ago I totalled a motorcycle because a female pulled out in front of me at an intersection. I was on my way to work coming up on the intersection about 45 mph and she looked right at me twice stop then at the last minute pulled right in front of me. I had no where to go but right into her passanger door. So, I stood up on the bike, locked the back brakes, squeez the hell out the front brakes, whip the back end around and hit the car broad side. I flew on top of the car my Honda Custom was thrown about 50 ft opposite direction, since she was still moving when I hit her, I rolled off the back of the car into the street. I just knew I was dead. She did however stop and call 911 and then opologize profusely, especially since she rides often with her husband. Everything happend so fast in slow motion.

I had a small concusion, a sore knee, and sore ankle which is minor to what could have happend. Needless to say I'm always off the throttle and scanning for any tire movement when going through an intersection. I don't trust them female cagers.

I'm glad you avoided all of that, don't trust them they will kill you.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Please don't stereotype women on cell phones. I need a woman and a cell phone as much as my M109R. :D

Seriously, first it was drivers of Volvos, then it was cabbies, then it was mini-van mommies, now it's women on cell phones. Geez... I do the only sane thing and just assume EVERYONE on the road is a frickin retard out to get me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
seapup said:
Seriously, first it was drivers of Volvos, then it was cabbies, then it was mini-van mommies, now it's women on cell phones. Geez... I do the only sane thing and just assume EVERYONE on the road is a frickin retard out to get me.
You forgot about bluehairs... :doorag:

(Cabbies are still the worst in my book) :edit:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
BTW, in 30 years, I've been hit 4 times... by a mideastern cabbie who did a lane change without looking, by a white male state worker in a pickup driving the wrong direction on a freeway on-ramp, by a USN enlisted white male passing in the oncoming lane of traffic on base and when God sent a tornado to pick my bike up out of a parking lot a drop it 1/4 mile away.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have no problem stereotyping women drivers....My ex-girlfriend used to talk on the phone, put make-up on and drive with her knees(No hands what so ever on the wheel unless she was turning)...Plus I am the guy that you call when you get into a crash....Also, I drive a fully marked police vehicle...I have been passed by vehicles traveling in the same direction on multi-lane roads....I usually drive 5mph over the limit while I am working.(so as to not create a log jamb behind me)...EVERY instance where I was passed, was by a woman driver...I ask them what they were thinking...They usually tell me they didn't see me until I hit the lights....And let me remind you I am in a white fully marked car.....Women see vehicles as a thing to get them where they want to go....Not a thing that could snuff someone out in an instant...So, let me apologize to the women that are reading this that actually pay attention...There are plenty who drive very safely, but it seems like the ones that don't pay attention...REALLY don't pay attention....For some reason I have found that the best women drivers are those who can: change a tire, check oil, and keep their car clean.....They seem to take driving more serious than the average woman...

·
Registered
108 Posts
seapup said:
BTW, in 30 years, I've been hit 4 times... by a mideastern cabbie who did a lane change without looking, by a white male state worker in a pickup driving the wrong direction on a freeway on-ramp, by a USN enlisted white male passing in the oncoming lane of traffic on base and when God sent a tornado to pick my bike up out of a parking lot a drop it 1/4 mile away.
Well i guess you are in luck,if they continue to let people talk on cell phoneswhile driving,you will get hit by one of them,oh did i mention it will most likely be a WOMEN,female,girl,lady oh my God i dont want to sterotype women on CELL PHONES though,someone might get all bent out of shape!!!!! :mad: :eek: :evil:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I've already been hit twice from behind by drivers on cell phones, one male and one female. Fortunately, my truck is bigger than their car. I don't ride in rush hour anymore.

Yes, female accident stats are climbing fast and are partially due to cell phone use. I have no doubt we’ll see the day when insurance companies can no longer legally stereotype men as “worse drivers”. Not in the near future though. Women have some catching up to do. Do a Google search and review the latest statistics, studies and court evidence.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check this horror story out. I am an insurance agent and a customer of mine came to the office a few days ago to report an accident. He was sitting at a stop light on his bike waiting for the light to change when someone traveling around 50mph rammed into the back of him. Knocked him back into the sissy bar and shot him forward about 20 feet. Luckily he is not "seriously" injured, but has missed work for several days. This lady said she didn't see him or the light. Wonder what she was doing? Gabbing on the phone I am sure.

I have heard other stories similar. It always seems to be the other person and not the rider who is at fault.

After hearing those types of stories I try to always be on the defensive no matter what.

Glad nobody took you out.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Had to a quick and very unplanned right on red the other day to keep from getting my a** knocked of the other day by a teenager on a phone ::)

·
Registered
343 Posts
mrfart said:
I have no problem stereotyping women drivers....My ex-girlfriend used to talk on the phone, put make-up on and drive with her knees(No hands what so ever on the wheel unless she was turning)...Plus I am the guy that you call when you get into a crash....Also, I drive a fully marked police vehicle...I have been passed by vehicles traveling in the same direction on multi-lane roads....I usually drive 5mph over the limit while I am working.(so as to not create a log jamb behind me)...EVERYÂ instance where I was passed, was by a woman driver...I ask them what they were thinking...They usually tell me they didn't see me until I hit the lights....And let me remind you I am in a white fully marked car.....Women see vehicles as a thing to get them where they want to go....Not a thing that could snuff someone out in an instant...So, let me apologize to the women that are reading this that actually pay attention...There are plenty who drive very safely, but it seems like the ones that don't pay attention...REALLY don't pay attention....For some reason I have found that the best women drivers are those who can: change a tire, check oil, and keep their car clean.....They seem to take driving more serious than the average woman...
+1

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a small disclaimer from me:
Of course these 2 drivers just happened to be females,,not pointing fingers in any direction gender wise,,just pointing fingers at the cellphones.  :bigthumbsup:

BTW,,I just found out that in Sweden talk on cellphone might be forbidden while driving, i.e. you get a ticket, unless stopping the car,,,kinda intersting....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Motorcycle driving is to be safe in the manner that you have to "drive" for everybody else.
That's what I do,,just that cellphones start to become a bad "virus" out there in the cages,,man or woman alike...no stereotyping. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts