M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cause for concern?

I purchased my 109 on a wet and rainy Wednesday, 18 days ago. In those 18 days we have only been apart 3 days. I just returned from a trip to Chicago and had to be separated from my bike for 3 days. What made it worse was the constant reminder of my 109 at every turn. I was in the Atlanta airport headed for Chicago with a 3 hour layover. I thought I would get a bike mag to idle away my time. Well, to my surprise I saw on the front cover of one mag the 109, I quickly grabbed it, looked across the other mags, bam! Another cover of a bike mag with the 109 on it. I looked at several other bike mags only to discover that 5 major periodicals featured what many are terming the “Bruiser” A beast of a cruiser ---the M109R Bruiser! Of the 5 mags, they all had only good things to say. When I arrived back in Pensacola after my hiatus to Chicago, my wife picked me up at the airport as she always does and I was glad to see her. We exchanged pleasantries and chatted small talk and such, all the while my mind was on my 109. She suspected nothing. When we arrived at home I put my bag up, placed clothing in the hamper and returned my suit to the closet. I continued to chat with the wife, and not wanting to appear to obvious, I waited about 30 min before I eased out to the 1200 sq ft completed finished, climate controlled workshop where my 109 resides when not on the road. The bike was even more satisfying to me then the day we met! I am considering my next trip. I can mail the things I need to the office I am visiting and arrive in complete 109 style. I am not sure my preoccupation with my 109 is healthy though. Is there cause for concern? I mean it’s not like there’s another women mind you! To say the least, I am having a great 109 experience. Just wish the jacket would arrive!

G

·
You got it bad. But at least you are better than me. After Lamont and I bought our M109 to make parts on and I road it for about 150 miles I knew that I had to get another one. So I found a dealer in South Florida who gave me a good deal. I wasn't pounding him, I just wanted the bike.

I called him again last weeks and now the 2 week wait is a 4 week wait. With any luck maybe next week but I am not holding my breath.

At least you have something to come home to. I just sit here and wonder when, if, and maybe.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey steelerman ,i see you live in Pensacola. If everything goes as planned ill be picking up my 109 from John Kiley's Cycle World in P-cola either this friday or saturday.

Maybe we could meet up at the dealer and chat some. Ill be coming from Crestview.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts