M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well glad to be home.  I live in the Pasific Northwest and we have had tons of rain and flooding up here.  The morning started out very nice.  Called 3 friends and we out by 9:30.  Went to Olympia and headed Elbe. Had some sodas  :beer3: and wanted to go to Mineral lake.  On the way out there we saw 2 houses floating down the river, we stopped before the bridge and saw them splinter as they hit the bridge.  Then the skys opened up and BUCKETS were throne.  We made it to Mineral and dried off with pizza and more sodas.  We had to leave, getting dark,and rain not letting up,we headed out.  On the way back to the big 2 lane comming round the cornerthe road was washed out and GONE.  I wish I could have captured our expression.  We had one other way of coming home but it added another 50 minutes to the soaking ride.  Needless to say I am homeand chilled TO THE CORE. Im sorry that I dont have pictures..BESIDES I STILL CANT POST YET.  Thanks I just had to share my ride.  :doorag:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Glad to hear that you made it home safe. At least it wasn't raining so hard that you didn't see the washout :bigthumbsup: I thought we wer going to be reading that some bikes got tore-up.
You guys have been getting pounded with the rain lately...

Don

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Stinky Pinky said:
Well glad to be home. I live in the Pasific Northwest and we have had tons of rain and flooding up here. The morning started out very nice. Called 3 friends and we out by 9:30. Went to Olympia and headed Elbe. Had some sodas :beer3: and wanted to go to Mineral lake. On the way out there we saw 2 houses floating down the river, we stopped before the bridge and saw them splinter as they hit the bridge. Then the skys opened up and BUCKETS were throne. We made it to Mineral and dried off with pizza and more sodas. We had to leave, getting dark,and rain not letting up,we headed out. On the way back to the big 2 lane comming round the cornerthe road was washed out and GONE. I wish I could have captured our expression. We had one other way of coming home but it added another 50 minutes to the soaking ride. Needless to say I am homeand chilled TO THE CORE. Im sorry that I dont have pictures..BESIDES I STILL CANT POST YET. Thanks I just had to share my ride. :doorag:
I think something other than my pinky would be stinky after that one! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts