M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:tools::tools: Is anyone running this Castrol ActEvo 10W40 oil. I have had straight ole Suzuki oil in my nine since new but thought that an oil with synthetic mix in it would be a good thing for longevity. I would like to hear from someone that has used it though before putting it in my nine and what you thought of the oil. :D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
:tools::tools: Is anyone running this Castrol ActEvo 10W40 oil. I have had straight ole Suzuki oil in my nine since new but thought that an oil with synthetic mix in it would be a good thing for longevity. I would like to hear from someone that has used it though before putting it in my nine and what you thought of the oil. :D
I use Motul 5100 10-40 semi synthetic with no problems in all 3 of my bikes works great. havent seen the Castrol, however Castrol is a good oil... make sure it is for motorcycles and not cars, since there are different types of oil, car oil is bad for bikes.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good oil. Been using it from the start and have 17,000mi on now. Never had the clutch shudder issue or problems with 2nd gear. :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is the only oil my stealer recommends for the nine.

Sent From my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Castrol ActEvo

I appreciate the comeback for my question. I was pretty sure the Castrol ActEvo motorcycle oil was probably very good stuff I run Castrol in my Cars but it never hurts to get a little insite from someone that has used the product and was happy with it. Thanks again Kevin Nyberg Cadillac, Michigan:bow:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I run it in my 9 and have also run it in all of my race bikes and never had any problems at all. When I ran full synthetic Redline oil in my CBR954RR and RC51 racebikes, the clutches slipped terribly and the gearboxes didn't seem to want to shift very smooth. I then tried Motul full synthetic and got the same type of slipping, although, the gearboxes cleared up a little bit. One of my racing buddies suggested trying Actevo and it stopped the slipping and the Honda gearboxes absolutely love it. I also used it in my Kawi Z1000 street bike. When it came time to change the oil in my 9, I used Actevo and the bike does great with it.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Good oil. Been using it from the start and have 17,000mi on now. Never had the clutch shudder issue or problems with 2nd gear. :p
I've been using good ole Suzuki 20W-50 petroleum oil since I bought it in 2006, also never had any issues with the engine or transmission.

Six-of-one, half-dozen-of-the-other!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I use the Castor oil Actevo 20w 50.Great oil,smooths the shifting and decrease engine noise.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts