M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Planning a Cassoday ride Oct. 5th. Anybody interested? 4 of us going so far. Two 109s so far.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woah cassoday?! 2 109's! I might just have to make it 3.
The more the merrier! All bikes welcome, but it would be awesome to see as many 109s as we can get.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are near KC, you can meet us in Gardner at the Shell station at Gardner Rd. and I-35 at 7:30am. We'll be meeting a couple more in Ottawa at 8am.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in Topeka so I could just meet up with you guys down there? I assume you go through Ottawa? Then which way?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Meeting at 8am at the gas station at HWY K-68 and I-35. Those meeting in Gardner will meet at Shell at Gardner Rd. and I-35 at 7:30am. Planning on taking I-35 to Hwy 50 in Emporia, then cutting up to Hwy 56 for the trip back. Planning on having my banker lead the way since this will be my first time. It sounds like there are 11 going so far. With almost half being 109s, we may have to bring up the rear so everyone else isn't playing catch up! LOL

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in Topeka so I could just meet up with you guys down there? I assume you go through Ottawa? Then which way?
Ottawa isn't that far out of the way. Take a little side trip.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're adding more and more! Up to 15 possibly going now.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I invited a few co-workers and sent PM's to other members in the area. Hopefully the number keep growing! :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Route Update

A quick update. We're planning on taking Old Hwy 50 from Ottawa down to Cassoday. On the way home, we'll take the scenic HWY 177 to Council Grove, and then take 56 east back to Gardner. For our Topeka friend, 75 crosses 56, so you can break off. Planning on filling up in Gardner (or Ottawa), then Emporia, then Council Grove. Overall trip looks to be about 272 miles. Here's a link with it mapped out. http://mapq.st/1pc52n7

Looking forward to a good ride!

·
Registered
15 Posts
OK so I was a little worried about my front tire. Went on the Bikers for Babies ride and it's done. Got a new one ordered and will have it mounted for Cassoday. I'll meet you guys in Ottawa. Have you ever rode on K99? Longer trip back for you guys but that's how we usually come back to Topeka. Just an option. Zoom in close, it's very curvy in spots. Best we have for Kansas. LOL

·
Registered
179 Posts
better dust off the leathers, gloves and long undies.....extended forecast for the 5th says low of 40 degrees and sunny.....sounds like a perfect day for a ride....

I'm in

K 99 and K 4 are a blast

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
A quick update. We're planning on taking Old Hwy 50 from Ottawa down to Cassoday. On the way home, we'll take the scenic HWY 177 to Council Grove, and then take 56 east back to Gardner. For our Topeka friend, 75 crosses 56, so you can break off. Planning on filling up in Gardner (or Ottawa), then Emporia, then Council Grove. Overall trip looks to be about 272 miles. Here's a link with it mapped out. http://mapq.st/1pc52n7

Looking forward to a good ride!
FYI
came down 50 this weekend in truck, it's new chip and seal (at least Williamsburg area)

never mind, map shows running I-35 not the old highway 50

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We were planning old 50 out of Ottawa. The map was for more of a general visual. Any idea how far that chip and seal goes?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FYI
came down 50 this weekend in truck, it's new chip and seal (at least Williamsburg area)

never mind, map shows running I-35 not the old highway 50
I asked a buddy that lives down there. He said it goes 2 miles outside of town. I also looked it up online. It looks to be a local project. I haven't ridden chip and seal. From driving it, I know the new stuff would be bad for a group, but if it had a couple of weeks, maybe it wouldn't be that bad. Thoughts?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts