M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a Xena Disc Brake Alarm Lock, but there is no practical way of carrying it with me all the time (and that thing is heavy). So I made a bracket at work today, so it will be with the bike all of the time. It's made from .250 thick 304 stainless steel. Here are some pics of the bracket and how it looks on the bike.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Pretty cool. I wish I had tools at my disposal that would allow me to make stuff like that. Nice job. Looks like a quality piece. Maybe you should run it by the lock company and see if you can work out a deal with them.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I have the same lock'I hung their bar bag from the helmet lock. Works good till you drop the bike and rip the bag. (old news)

Does the swingarm have enough room to move up and down??

Sledzep

·
Registered
600 Posts
Here's another option... for those who don't have access to the fine machinery that z4woo does - and those like me who would try and drive off with the disc lock still on the rotor... instant fender mod :confused:

:Click: http://www.lockitt.com/disclock.htm#Xmart

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pouch that this lock came with is a POS, mine ripped in about 2 months. The Alarm in the lock makes it pretty hard to drive away with the lock on the disc, as soon as you lean the bike off the kickstand you'll hear the 110db Siren (elimating that dumb looking, bright color cords to remind you about your non-alarm disk lock). I've had this since last summer and it's still on it's original batteries :bigthumbsup:. When the original carrying pouch ripped, I tried to lock it to my pants belt, but any movement of the lock and you'll get the siren. Here's some info about the alarm lock http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/motorbikes/XN15/page1/, the lock even comes with an extra set of batteries. Right now, there is about 1/16" between the lock & drive shaft tube, I'm keeping an eye on this in case I have to position or add a joggle to the bracket (so far no marks on the swingarm tube).

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Yeah the siren is one of the reasons I bought it. So I would not forget it.
I am still looking for an alternative way to carry mine. I am thinking about putting it in my tank bag but I fear its weight will hurt the tank over bumps.
If Jardine ever gets around ti making their quick disco backrest/rack mount for us I will hopefully buy and install a nice bag on the rack and put it in there.

If I could I would make something like yours that locks in snugly to the helmet lock (no swinging) and I could lock it onto an opening like yours..
Any fabricator's listening?? Just be sure there is a stop to keep it from swinging forward too much. The axis should be such that there is no side to side movement.

Sledzep

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
sweet job, but here they'll pick it up an carry it, if they want it.Therefore I don't carry a lock just insurance :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
True. That's how so many bikes get taken at big rallys like Myrtle Beach and Daytona. At least that one has a pretty loud alarm that would draw attention to their actions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts