M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving for Carlisle in about 2 hours from Lancaster.

then leaving from there south to Battlefield HD.

anyone PM me if you're riding in those areas today.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got to carlisle a little later than expected, around 12:30.

traffic was already getting bad, one of the roads was closed, I was told something about a water main break by one of the local traffic directors. Anyway, by the time I got back to looking for parking, I decided it was too much hassle, and a couple other lame excuses.. Roll Eyes
so I looked at what appeared to be the big dirt bike jumping show FROM THE BIKE as I passed, and realized I'd rather ride than watch.

Turned south and headed to Battlefield HD in Gettysburg.
That was a good little ride, very little traffic headed AWAY from Carlisle at that time, rolling hills at 50mph that led to an almost deserted stretch of RT15 where I was able to ride very quickly and passed maybe 3 cars in 10 miles.

Stopped for gas, 1 guy came over asking who makes that bike, and it must've been a designer, not just an engineer.

One cute thin little minivan driving soccer mom couldnt stop staring and smiling. Couldn't tell whether it was me or the bike. Didn't care.

Went into the HD dealerrship, got a tshirt, hopped back in the saddle, and rode off into the afternoon.

Got a tan and some good riding. Great half a day's ride. 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts