M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ask Grandpatractor what type of car tire he is running on the c109 and wondered if any others are using a car tire and what brand?
If you are having good service with it and would you replace it again with another car tire next time???
I need new tires soon and I don't like OME c109 tires, looking for something new. ;)

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Search " The Darkside "...get ready to read for a while! :joke:

·
Registered
386 Posts
if u have already talked to jd on running a car tire,then u have the speedracers thoughts,mine r the same,although i have a m,giver a go ull like it,also rick is running one too(rockfordrider)also a m (bagger),as others r too,i dont think any of us that r running car tires will ever go or look back.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
9,224 Posts

Represents $1600.00 for 18,000 ks......................

Represents $179.00 and 10,300 ks old with 10,000 approx left. Now that's a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Pamm, I did have a bridgestone RE960AS tire on my old bike. Wore through 2 of them. Then they quit making that size in that style. I try to run a ultra high performance tire and high speed rated. I think the cartire actually works better on the C because of the taller sidewall.

My last 2 were the Michelin pilot sport.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What size car tire are you all using?

Michelin Pilot Sport does not come in 240 55-R16. Are you all using a 245? Something different?

Thank you.

Kurt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep!

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus - 225/60R16I have about 7000 miles on my current tire. The OEM Bridgestone would be shot by now. This Michelin looks as good as the day I put it on. Won't go back.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Okay I'm new and the concept of putting a car tire on the bike for longevity makes perfect sense to me. My question is don't you lose a lot of surface area against the road when you are cornering? The rounded bike tires keep the same amount of rubber on the road no matter what angle you are on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay I'm new and the concept of putting a car tire on the bike for longevity makes perfect sense to me. My question is don't you lose a lot of surface area against the road when you are cornering? The rounded bike tires keep the same amount of rubber on the road no matter what angle you are on.
You might be surprised just how large the contact patch is with a car tire.
Check out post #23 on this thread: http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157183
Grandpatractor posted some great videos of both the car tire and the stock bike tire on the same road. This is what convinced me.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
That was a very interesting video. Amazing the lack of difference in the corners. I really thought there would be more. When my MT is done I will seriously consider a CT. It has always been a thorn in my side how MT's "can't" be made as well as CT's but cost more! If they last 1/3 as long shouldn't they be 1/3 the price?? :dontknow:
Thanks for posting the link.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts