M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Lamonster said:
Thought I would share this with some of my friends here.
http://www.v8bikeriders.com/viewtopic.php?p=34372#34372
Lamont! Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Guess , like you, I'll get a early start today.
Lost both my Mom and Dad to cancer 1984/1985....over 20 years and I think about them everyday. I also have a philosophy about treating each day as if it were my last. Live life to the fullest and persue your dreams......it's the only way to fly!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hate to hear these things.................... Sorry for the loss.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm sorry about the loss and the way it's affecting your personal life. Maybe some day your loved ones can reconcile the inherent danger in what you love to do with the lifestyle it has afforded them and how happy it has made you, which in turn must be a positive for them. I, for one, envy any man who has found a way to make a living doing what he enjoys.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Sorry for the loss. I agree with you 100% that he indeed was doing what he loved to do and what better way to go. I have been riding for over 35 years and I have been down twice and yes both times it was not my fault and was scarey but I was back up on 2 wheels shortly afterwards. My loved ones know how much riding means to me and even though they worry they never say anything bad about my "lifestyle". Godspeed to those loved ones.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My sincere condolences. Remember, there is no sense to be found in a senseless loss. Instead live life with all your heart and when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.

LG

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dude it's always tough but hopefully your friend is having the ride of their life.
Thoughts and Prayers...
Jef

G

·
My condolences to his and his girlfriends family and friends. It in never easy to cope with such a terrible loss.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Always sorry to hear these stories...

Lamont, Be safe, stay alert and keep the senses on the edge during your rides this trip. Hope you have a great time, it's always hard to do after you get news like this.

khrome

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sent you a PM Lamont...

Everyone, let us all say a prayer for our fellow brothers who ride to Sturgis and all of the other rides that they may take...

Let's pray that Jesus sends a bunch of guardian angels who love to ride with our brothers, protecting them from harm, and giving them a great time.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lamont, I have to tell you that reading that thread was very moving. Not for just the obvious reason of such a devastating loss, and dose of reality, but mostly because of the impact it has on all of "us", in dealing with the aftermath.

Having said that, your post was one of the best I've ever read. I'm sure it brought great comfort to those you meant to reach with it. I can only hope that I have friends who truly care enough for me to say such kind things and offer the same support to those who I'd leave behind, God forbid.

I'm fairly new to the site, but have read a ton of your posts here and already had a sense of the type of guy you are. Reading that post only confirmed it. You're a hell of a guy who obviously dedicates countless hours of your own time not only to pursue your own passion, but shares that knowledge, passion and caring with others so that we all benefit from your efforts. I personally appreciate that, as I'm sure everyone here at the 109 site does.

I'm sorry for the loss of your extended family and hope that somehow, something positive will be the end result.

Mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just read your post and it's really moving and true.
Sorry for your loss.

The reason I can relate so bad is that this past Sunday, my stepsons very good friend died in an accident on his motorcycle. The cause of this accident was a driver in a car loosing control over the vehicle due to reckless driving, passing cars on the right side and then heading over into the other lane where the accident happened.
The passenger on the motorcycle is in serious condition right now.

The driver is charged with reckless driving, and manslaughter.
My wife and I, we have supported as well we have been able to and since I myself have
lost 2 friends in bike accidents in earlier years.

,,,,,,otherwise I can just say that what you say in your post, tells it all.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
LaMont,sorry for your loss.If you happen to come thru Sioux Falls on the way to Sturgis,stop off if you need to chat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts