M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a website company, called Discount Motorcycle Tires. They are Canadian and have a website in which to order online. They offer Free shipping...which is a huge savings for Canadians, as we usually have to pay very expensive shipping costs to have parts shipped up north. Also, once you throw in customs/brokerage charges, the costs make you not want to order anything.

My question is mainly for my Canadian brothers. Has anyone used this company before? If you have, did they provide great service/cost/shipping etc?

Dave

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Just looking at their prices for a Dunnie 250 isn't really much of a savings. I was quoted $220 from my dealer, $10 not to have to wait for shipping PLUS the fact that some dealers charge extra $$ to install a tire you DIDN'T order from them probably not worth it :dontknow:... JMO

I believe there is a place on the east coast that has great prices for tires but can't remember the name...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at getting the Metzeler 160/60 front and a Metz 260/40 rear. Having problems even getting them here.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
They seem like have decent prices. I could get the 260 Metz for $250 here in town, but then the shipping on top of it to you, so it's probably the same crap.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got mine from DLP and just shipped them to the US border and I pick them up there and get free shipping. Then I just have to pay GST.
Brian.

Products Ordered:
DUN-MULTI4 - Dunlop SET for the M109R. Includes Elite 3
130/70HR18(DUN-408078) front tire and Dunlop Elite 3
250/40VR18(DUN-408099) tire for 8.5 inch wide rears.....Reg. Price:
$329.99....Discounted Price: $296.99 x 1 = $296.99

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Saskatoon,SK. To drive to the US boarder would take 8 to 10 hour round trip, so gas expenses would eat up any savings very quickly. It's turning cooler here, so within the month, I will probably have to put her away...start the off season Mods. This will give me time to exhaust the internet for great pricing...but any help in pointing me to an inexpensive supplier is more than welcome.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was having Ducks do my air covers last September and he allowed me to ship tires to his place:bigthumbsup:. When I was on vacation I met him to pick up my covers and tires. If you plan on going south at all this winter maybe you can find a member in the area and have tires shipped to him. Never paid a dime in duty/customs to bring them back and shipping was free in US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased my last set of Metzlers from Discount- they were great to deal with- had the tires in less than a week from Ontario to Calgary... nobody had stock available on the metzlers locally.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sparks,
Thats exactly what I am finding. Very hard to even find that tire. One local supplier told me he could discount them to $375.00 rear and $290.00 front...plus taxes. They call that, bending the customer over and :edit: him up the :edit:.....
Add taxes and thats over $700.00

·
Registered
169 Posts
No where to shop

Let me know how you make out if you order anything, because I live in northern ontario and have the same problems.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will let you know. I am definately leaning towards the online store I talked about originally. Does anyone know if buying and then storing tires for extended periods of time...in a cold garage over the winter...if it would cause any ill effects to the tire? I would think it wouldn't, but always someone that has heard differently.

Dave

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Sparks,
Thats exactly what I am finding. Very hard to even find that tire. One local supplier told me he could discount them to $375.00 rear and $290.00 front...plus taxes. They call that, bending the customer over and :edit: him up the :edit:.....
Add taxes and thats over $700.00
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

What kind of scam are they trying to pull??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Petes Superbikes in Montreal has the best prices and stock I've found so far in Canada.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have come across a website company, called Discount Motorcycle Tires. They are Canadian and have a website in which to order online. They offer Free shipping...which is a huge savings for Canadians, as we usually have to pay very expensive shipping costs to have parts shipped up north. Also, once you throw in customs/brokerage charges, the costs make you not want to order anything.

My question is mainly for my Canadian brothers. Has anyone used this company before? If you have, did they provide great service/cost/shipping etc?

Dave
Dave,
Try these guys http://http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/street-bike/motorcycle-tires.html...pretty fair pricing once you factor in customs, GST and they have free shipping on orders over $99 I believe. For reference, a Dunnie E3 is $219.06....I think they have Metzler too.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Petes Super bikes has the same tire for $173.95 +$15 shipping and GST. The 250 is the same price.
Anything all said and done for $200.00 is a great price. Thanks.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Petes Super bikes has the same tire for $173.95 +$15 shipping and GST. The 250 is the same price.
That's a sweet price:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
692 Posts
London Ontario

I got mine from Hully Gully in London: they charge 10% over the cost of the tires, anytime of the year! any kind of tires...

Elite 3 250 .. $212.50 taxes in
Elite 3 front .. $188.10 taxes in

Need any info email me direct please............ [email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts