M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you could swap out an M109 single bar swing arm in place of the C's "soft-tail" like swing arm?

Has this been done before?

What mods are necessary to put a 250 back there?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Do they make a tyre 250 wide to fit a c rim or are you going to change rims as well ?
I had a m109r and there were no mods needed to fit a 250 tyre you could go up to a 280 but cornering gets worse the bigger the tyre

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am planning on getting a new and wider rim. It looks like I have a little bit of room to add some width, but not much.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was wondering if you could swap out an M109 single bar swing arm in place of the C's "soft-tail" like swing arm?

Has this been done before?

What mods are necessary to put a 250 back there?
Swing arms are completely different lengths and wont work without major remanufacturing. Thought about it many times.

The 250's aren't that much wider, probably fit, don't know. Fits on the M's without issue.

Remember the C tire height is much taller and has a higher weight carrying capacity.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, GMan.

I thought the C was just a reconfigured M, but it is turning out that they are far more different than I thought they were.

Cheers.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thanks for the info, GMan.

I thought the C was just a reconfigured M, but it is turning out that they are far more different than I thought they were.

Cheers.
I think a large percentage of us C owners could make the same statement, so your definitely not alone on that one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts