M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to tell you I just love these pipes. I love the looks, I love the power and I love the sound. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

The weather man said 70% chance of rain today but I didn't believe him so I took off to all the local Suzuki dealers and one Harley dealer to see if it was just me or if this thing is really as cool as I think it is. First stop was the dealer where I bought the bike. Everyone loved it, they love the paint, they love the pipes and they loved the air ride. :doorag: They really loved the sound of the pipes and a couple of them waited around for me to leave just so they could hear it. This thing is sex on wheels as one guy put it. :doorag:

Next stop was the local Harley dealer and it drew quite the crowd there too. the sales guy said he heard these things were a monster but he had never seen one. He said he really liked the look of the bike and then I gave him the hp numbers and he just smiled. After we talked about the 109 for awhile he tried to make me a deal on the Vance & Hines v-rod drag bike. He said it would run in the 9's. I could dig that if I just had an extra 23K I would love to own one.

After that I went to Pigion Forge and that's when it started to rain. I tried to wait it out but there was no such luck, I got soaked and it was cold. The rain was stinging my hands so bad that it felt like they were on fire. I just pretended it was heat and not pain. :doorag:

I was so starved for a ride I didn't even care that it was raining after awhile, I just wanted to hear those sweat pipes again. :doorag:
I pulled over a few miles from my house and did another sound bite of the pipes. Now you got to understand that it was raining pretty hard and my camera was in my jacket pocket so the sound is not perfect. ::) I got about a mile into the ride and I was going into a turn and I hit the painted line and slid pretty good but as soon as I got off of the paint I was fine. I thought this would be kinda funny if I crashed and got the whole thing on audio. :eek:

If you have about 5 min. you want to kill you can listen to my ride home in the rain. :D
http://www.m109riders.com/rainride.WAV

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Man that sounds just like an old '72 Triumph 500 twin with straight pipes that my dad worked on for a friend of his back in the early 80s. I loved riding that bike just because of the sound it made.

That exhaust sounds killer Lamont.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you notice I got rid of the popping too without any mods to the pair valve. :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
sounds mean. i'm diggin it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Lamonster said:
I got to tell you I just love these pipes. I love the looks, I love the power and I love the sound. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

The weather man said 70% chance of rain today but I didn't believe him so I took off to all the local Suzuki dealers and one Harley dealer to see if it was just me or if this thing is really as cool as I think it is. First stop was the dealer where I bought the bike. Everyone loved it, they love the paint, they love the pipes and they loved the air ride. :doorag: They really loved the sound of the pipes and a couple of them waited around for me to leave just so they could hear it. This thing is sex on wheels as one guy put it. :doorag:

Next stop was the local Harley dealer and it drew quite the crowd there too. the sales guy said he heard these things were a monster but he had never seen one. He said he really liked the look of the bike and then I gave him the hp numbers and he just smiled. After we talked about the 109 for awhile he tried to make me a deal on the Vance & Hines v-rod drag bike. He said it would run in the 9's. I could dig that if I just had an extra 23K I would love to own one.

After that I went to Pigion Forge and that's when it started to rain. I tried to wait it out but there was no such luck, I got soaked and it was cold. The rain was stinging my hands so bad that it felt like they were on fire. I just pretended it was heat and not pain. :doorag:

I was so starved for a ride I didn't even care that it was raining after awhile, I just wanted to hear those sweat pipes again. :doorag:
I pulled over a few miles from my house and did another sound bite of the pipes. Now you got to understand that it was raining pretty hard and my camera was in my jacket pocket so the sound is not perfect. ::) I got about a mile into the ride and I was going into a turn and I hit the painted line and slid pretty good but as soon as I got off of the paint I was fine. I thought this would be kinda funny if I crashed and got the whole thing on audio. :eek:

If you have about 5 min. you want to kill you can listen to my ride home in the rain. :D
http://www.m109riders.com/rainride.WAV

From the sound of the ride recording I have only 1 question.
How far from home were you that it took 5 minutes :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :bigthumbsup:
Big Joe.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Joe said:
From the sound of the ride recording I have only 1 question.
How far from home were you that it took 5 minutes :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :bigthumbsup:
Big Joe.
About five minutes from home. ;) :D :joke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Lamonster said:
If you notice I got rid of the popping too without any mods to the pair valve. :doorag:
Plugging the breather (drain?) hoses or something different? :read:
I'm about to go for a ride with R side only blocked..the L is the side that seems to collect the fine film of oil in it (but that is the way the bike leans on the stand) .....I'm interested to see if the R (perhaps) has a different function (pair?). Will let you know if the decel pop goes with only one blocked..that might indicate split function L/R..cheers!
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rasputin said:
Plugging the breather (drain?) hoses or something different? :read:
I'm about to go for a ride with R side only blocked..the L is the side that seems to collect the fine film of oil in it (but that is the way the bike leans on the stand) .....I'm interested to see if the R (perhaps) has a different function (pair?). Will let you know if the decel pop goes with only one blocked..that might indicate split function L/R..cheers!
When I was getting the bad decel pop was with no disk on at all. When I added disk the decel pop went away but it was too quiet. This time I left six of the disks in but I took off the last closed disk and that was the best of both worlds. :bigthumbsup:

Hey Joe, check you PM's.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
OMFG! Pigeon Forge!
I haven't heard someone mention that place since an soon to be gf and now ex gf was living down there!
She helped design a directory website for that area. I suppose that I can claim part of that credit since I did a small chunk of the research on the websites & businesses being listed on the directory.
All I know about the place is that it is, perhaps, the most beautiful place to live that I've ever seen pictures of! Not to mention all of the GREAT motorcycle roads in the area!!!!!

Thanks, Lamont, for letting me relive that time.... :bigthumbsup:

Also, :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :bigthumbsup: on the story! That is one killer 9 that you have there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Looks and sounds great. Had the Cobra Slashdowns installed when I bought mine and do like the sound (for now), but will certainly keep this in mind for the future. Could you give me specs on your rear turn signals and license plate remount?? Or is there a "thread" aboout this already?? Thanks and keep up the good work :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Looks great..sounds great..Man o Man.. it is great! :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:
(that's five Supers out of a possible 5 total) Geez, did I say it sounds GREAT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Lamonster said:
I got to tell you I just love these pipes. I love the looks, I love the power and I love the sound. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

The weather man said 70% chance of rain today but I didn't believe him so I took off to all the local Suzuki dealers and one Harley dealer to see if it was just me or if this thing is really as cool as I think it is. First stop was the dealer where I bought the bike. Everyone loved it, they love the paint, they love the pipes and they loved the air ride. :doorag: They really loved the sound of the pipes and a couple of them waited around for me to leave just so they could hear it. This thing is sex on wheels as one guy put it. :doorag:

Next stop was the local Harley dealer and it drew quite the crowd there too. the sales guy said he heard these things were a monster but he had never seen one. He said he really liked the look of the bike and then I gave him the hp numbers and he just smiled. After we talked about the 109 for awhile he tried to make me a deal on the Vance & Hines v-rod drag bike. He said it would run in the 9's. I could dig that if I just had an extra 23K I would love to own one.

After that I went to Pigion Forge and that's when it started to rain. I tried to wait it out but there was no such luck, I got soaked and it was cold. The rain was stinging my hands so bad that it felt like they were on fire. I just pretended it was heat and not pain. :doorag:

I was so starved for a ride I didn't even care that it was raining after awhile, I just wanted to hear those sweat pipes again. :doorag:
I pulled over a few miles from my house and did another sound bite of the pipes. Now you got to understand that it was raining pretty hard and my camera was in my jacket pocket so the sound is not perfect. ::) I got about a mile into the ride and I was going into a turn and I hit the painted line and slid pretty good but as soon as I got off of the paint I was fine. I thought this would be kinda funny if I crashed and got the whole thing on audio. :eek:

If you have about 5 min. you want to kill you can listen to my ride home in the rain. :D
http://www.m109riders.com/rainride.WAV

Just when I make mind mind up to do a JR pipe, you go and do this. :eek: Lamont you and JR are doing some awesome stuff. Keep up the great work!!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top