M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Caliman got his, mine just came in, and Swede has one too.:bigthumbsup: I can't wait to use it and see how well it works.:hot: I've heard great things about this. We'll log in 600 plus miles this weekend. Prefect test.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
If it works as good as the G2's you'll love it. If mine weren't still working well I'd get the G4's for the extra range. Keep us updated on how it works.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do, on the report. I'm going to install tomorrow and link with my phone and Caliman.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Where did you get it. Was it local or online???
I've been looking at the G2 just not sure what the diff. is and if its worth the extra $$$.
Cant wait for the report since i'll see you this weekend:D:joke:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
How much did you pay for it and where did you get it? Looking to make a purchase very shortly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I am contemplating getting a set of two Q2's or G4's. I am trying to justify getting the G4's. I am having a hard time though...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Has anyone used both? Is the range that much better w/ the G4s?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
G4 with antenna up claims one mile, I haven't ridden with another G4 to prove that yet ....I ride with BigPapa & BikeGranny and they have Q'2s. We all conference in and have range of up to about a 1/4 mile or so. They work good together but to get the long range it must be G4 to G4 and the antennas must be up.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yea....let us know how they work out for you. I really want a set of these but they are expensive so I want an honest opinion first before I shell out the big bucks!

:pop:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well we paired them up tonight and went for a little ride.:doorag:

We both bought them online "ebay" and I paid 430 for my set that also connects me to my passenger. I think Scott paid a little more then half of that.

We both have full face Aria helmets.

Standing by the bike I thought it would be louder but it has the auto adjust for road noise, so it was just doing it's job. We hit the neighborhood streets and could hold a conversation and just being able to talk at the light and not have to lean towards one another was cool.

True test "Highway"

We got on the highway and yes you could hear each others bike through the mic as we merged on and hard on the throttle. Scott is running stock pipes so not too much on my end, but he could hear the Cobra drags pretty clear on his end. He was open ear on his set and I was wearing my custom molded earplugs.

I have heard that the ear plugs would cut out the wind noise and allow me to hear clear what was coming through the head set. True up to about 50 mph. then I had to start focusing on what he was saying and at 80 it was really hard.

Next we pulled over and I pulled out the ear plugs. We got back on the highway and up to 80 again. We could hear one another loud and clear.:evil:

When we split off I was stuck a light for some time and we could still talk, we aren't sure how far away we got before we lost the signal, but on Friday we will have clear shot on the highway and see how far we can get. I know we had at least the 1/4 mile.

I will say that I've been riding with the cobra drags for the last three years and I love the sound, but I've thought about new insert to quite them down a bit. I know that would improve things on my end a lot.

All tests were done on 2007 blue LE's with E3 250 rear tires.:joke:

If you have any questions please email me at IHAVEAQUESTION.COM or call me at 1-800-ANY-GOOD.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
halfdome, did you try turning the volume up? With the Q2's you can turn them up enough that they almost hurt your ears. And I've found that the position of the speaker in the helmet makes a lot of difference, it needs to be almost directly in front of your ear. I'm pretty sure with the Q2's it would be hard to get a bike loud enough to drown them out, but they are clear enough that I can hear the transmission click when my wife shifts gears at low speeds.

How well did the VOX work on them? That's one of the features that they seem to really have worked out well.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Quick question. The q2 is mono bluetooth whereas the g4 is stereo. Does both play sound through both speakers, just the g4 being in true stereo?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
Quick question. The q2 is mono bluetooth whereas the g4 is stereo. Does both play sound through both speakers, just the g4 being in true stereo?
You have it right, the Q2's have two speakers but mono sound. If you get the Multiset like we have you can plug an MP3 player directly into them and then you have stereo sound. But the communications between them and anything you link via bluetooth is still mono.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts