M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The fun police are always watching. :mad: Give them an inch and they surely take a mile. If this goes into effect more stringent laws in more cities are sure to follow.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Same old story. A few knobs ruin it for the rest of us. If you run straight pipes through a residential area, you are contributing to regulations that will impact us all.
This regulation is not sitting in Vancouver yet that I know of, but it gets closer with every state or province that adopts it due to those that don't care.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
That **** state of California needs to slide into the Pacific ocean soon!
What garbage!
That's pretty harsh guy. This regulation is seriously discussed in many states and provinces in North America. It's not just a California thing.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to admit they do have some stupid laws..they are broke as hell and this is what they worry about devilr1 I favor your thoughts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well let me explain something about that city before you have us slide into the ocean. The only people that live in that city have house hold incomes in the top 3 percent. 99 percent are white and have some influence in big business. So they dont like motorcycles and used their money and influence to get it banned. I ride through there everytime I go to pacific coast highway. I dont blame them but I guess theyre gonna have to get rid of the ferrari, porsche, lamborghini and maserati dealer there. Since those cars are way louder than a normal car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You guys are awesome and funny, thank you for that. California is weird to live in, been here my entire life. I often wonder what another state would be like.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I get it. It's prolly loud as he)) there on the w/e's. We go thru the same stuff on Maine's snowmobile trails. The trails are private and we get checked prob once a year at random checkpoints and you better not have aftermarket pipes. The land owners are tired of listening to piped sleds running at 1AM and are closing their portion of the trails. Ever heard a piped 800~1000cc 2-stroke. I like it, but it's frieking loud. :D Hope is doesn't pass.....Good luck out there!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Another law!

It's already illegal to mod your pipes in Ca., so what's the point of this law? Some politician trying to get her name in the paper. It's a proposed $100 fix it ticket effective in 2013, big deal.
The cops here are pretty cool about modded pipes, they don't stop otherwise law abiding citizens for loud pipes. They could write ticket after ticket everyday as fast as they could fill them out. They've got better things to do like responding to accidents and calls 24/7.
Perhaps if people quit texting while driving (illegal) they'd have less to do.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thats retarded!!! Just like 48 of the 50 states its illegal to have sex in any postion other than missionary, are they going to inforce that??? What about its illegal to shower naked?? Or how about (for Cali) its illegal to drive your car in reverse..... Every state has BILLIONS of retarded laws. Its hard to enforce a law when people dont care about it.... if the entire 826,000 registered riders have modded pipes and 800,000 dont pay the fines that politian is going to have a heart attack! Personally i dont think its going to pass, but living here in Virginia changes that... (No custom exhaust louder then stock and you are allowed to have NOS installed in your vehicle but its illegal to have it connected.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts