M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 5'6", the feet are just enough to touch the ground. But during an hour or more riding the legs sort of cramp on the upper tight. Maybe due to opening the legs wide to avoid the exhaust (during stops at traffic) and the width of the seat. Any ideas on how we can narrow down the width a bit? Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
yea i notice after a while the edges of the seat dig into my inner thighs with too much stop and go traffic. Im fine as long as im moving though.

it would be nice if we could narrow the front of the seat a little or something so it doesnt dig in as much...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
There is a member called Somar who can help you out. He narrowed one of my seats to make it easier for me to flat foot. If interested, send me a PM and I will give you his email address. He doesn't come on this forum much. He is a really good upholsterer of motorcycle seats, as good or better than anyone on this site.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Yes it can be trimmed down. But I also here that the Corbin seat does a great job of that also.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Aren't your inner thighs already rubbing the tank and side covers? So what would narrowing the seat do? I would think lower it a bit so you are closer to the ground. Either that or get platform shoes........:D
:a20:

Don't know if purple will go with the bike!!:duck:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
:a20:

Don't know if purple will go with the bike!!:duck:
Thats right Paladin, I gave it a good look and thought the side covers are the same width (thats what causes the cramp) and the next thing i thought was lowering it might help.:agree:

Nemo! Purple????? I ain't no 'Brother'!:joke:

And Thanks for all the advices.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, I was thinking of more on the 'Do It Yourself' kind of thing. As sending it all the way to the States and back will cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Didn't notice where you were located. You can remove some of the foam from the sides of the seat. You can't remove too much without affecting how the cover looks on the seat pad. Figure out where foam needs to be removed, then pull the cover off the seat. You will need to remove the staples to do this. Use a serrated knife or an electric knife to remove to trim the foam. Do a little at a time till you get it where you want it. Just keep in mind that you do not want to remove too much because the cover will not fit correctly when you put it back on. When you are ready to put the cover back on, you will have to pull the cover tight where you removed the foam. You will need a staple gun to fasten the cover back on.

If you were closer I would volunteer to do it for you. I used to do custom auto upholstery as a hobby. Won a lot of awards. Just don't have the time to do it for others now.

I also have a seat that Somar did for me that has been trimmed for a short rider(I'm 5'5"). It's for sale if you are interested. I have the matching passenger seat too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts