M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
It comes with a back seat, but the person riding there better be flexable...not much room

·
Registered
398 Posts
The back seat comes with the bike as a separate item ... you just remove the cover and reaplace it with the included seat . As far as 2 up riding ,we get diferent opinions , some thinks is good ,some dont so it comes down to personal experience.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The 109 is sold with both a rear cowl and a rear seat which are easily interchangeable.

G

·
In my opinion the passenger will be sitting more like they would on a sportbike. High pegs, up in the air and not much to hold on to.

·
Registered
209 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
In my opinion the passenger will be sitting more like they would on a sportbike. High pegs, up in the air and not much to hold on to.
Yes and no. The rider is higher yes but its like that on almost every bike out there. I mean the passenger seat almost always sits higher than the driver. On the 109 the passenger sits upright opposed to on a true sportbike where they have to lean forward with hands on tank. Passenger pegs a little higher on the 109 than some more traditional cruisers but not to bad. I think the 109 is a decent 2 up rider.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got this bike after trying to ride 2 up on my YZF600. Wife will be the back seat pass but she is waiting for the sissy bar to come out.

Well, we took it out tonight (no sissy bar) and she didn't have any problems , she still wants the sissy bar but was very comfy back there. NOTE, she is only 5'2" so the foot position is not an issue

·
Registered
152 Posts
If your passenger is used to a traditional cruiser they may not like the 109, but my girlfriend was used to being on the back of R1 then a ZX12R
so she loves the 109.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My wife loves the 109. She is hoping for the sissybar , but this is my first cruiser, so it's more comfortable than backseat on a sportbike. She's 5' 5" and not bad foot/leg position for her. Longest ride we've done is 75-80 miles and no complaints.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my wife last weekend rode 3 1/2 hours to panama city, only complaint she had was wanting a backrest so she would feel like something was behind her to catch her. there is a lot of seat on this bike. i mean compare the rear width of this seat to almost any other cruiser out there. most are very narrow.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My wife loves the 109.
We went on a 170mile ride yesterday and no complaints as opposed to the wife on the back of a deuce.
The sissy bar has made all the difference too

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Aussie109 said:
My wife loves the 109.
We went on a 170mile ride yesterday and no complaints as opposed to the wife on the back of a deuce.
The sissy bar has made all the difference too
But you need to check out Aussie's sissy bar. It looks awesome! I can just hope that the aftermarket makes one like it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
I got this bike after trying to ride 2 up on my YZF600. Wife will be the back seat pass but she is waiting for the sissy bar to come out.

Well, we took it out tonight (no sissy bar) and she didn't have any problems , she still wants the sissy bar but was very comfy back there. NOTE, she is only 5'2" so the foot position is not an issue
same here, the wife is 5´7 so she has no problem with the pegs but as soon as I find something as nice (sissy bar) as the one I think Aussie109 posted it will be mine :bigthumbsup: She likes a sissy bar. To answer the 2up question, Yes very nice if my wife wouldn´t have liked it riding on the back I would not have bought it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts