M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, all snowed in, if I can remove the exhaust with ease or is it welded and with oxygen sensors that will come off with the mufflers (don't really kvow where oxy sensors are usually :dontknow:)
I just want to hear what the beast sounds like and see what's behind the chrome.
Can this be done in, let's say....one hour?

BTW, thanks for this excellent forum. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What if I drill out all the baffle plates (3, aren't they?) and would then stick a pipe in the muffler, as far as I could? Would I then bypass the muffler, and get a straight pipe sound??? :dontknow:
Anybody?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i'm no expert here, but i'd think what you are proposting would be wrought with problems. 1) you wouldn't get a smooth transition up where it'd need to be welded, 2) you couldn't weld it, 3) it'd also probably be a smaller pipe than you'd want. 4) your pipes would weigh even more than they do already.

from what i've read, getting performance out of pipes is a tricky thing. diameter, length, topology (i.e. 2-1, 2-1-2), material, temperature, and curve shapes all change things in what together is a very complicated way. you can't just throw something on there willy-nilly and expect them to perform. now, if sound is all you are after, that's probably a different story. send your pipes to pprigen up there for both performance and good sound.

p.s. the only models with O2 sensors are U.K. (E-02), Europe (E-19), and Austrailia (E-24).

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Charles Darwin said:
Just wondering, all snowed in, if I can remove the exhaust with ease or is it welded and with oxygen sensors that will come off with the mufflers (don't really kvow where oxy sensors are usually :dontknow:)
I just want to hear what the beast sounds like and see what's behind the chrome.
Can this be done in, let's say....one hour?

BTW, thanks for this excellent forum. :bigthumbsup:
no o2 sensors on all 50 state U.S. models or Canadian models. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
So out of curiosity,

1. Has anyone here gutted their stock pipes to see what they sound like?

2. And if they have, has anyone put it on the dyno afterward to see what kind of power loss resulted?

I don't even know to what extent you'd be able to "gut" the stock pipes to make them straight through. Again, just curious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts