M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm use to having the foot pegs below the seat instead of forward. I think I would have more control when canyon riding. Is it possible and/or will there be problems?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Spoken like a true sportbike rider :joke:

I think the tough part is that you would still have the large peg mounts up front and then relocating the brake and gear shifter would be a task. I find myself still throwing my feet back when leaving a light but I am getting better at it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm coming up on 2000 miles and often find times where a second set of pegs would come in handy. Simple aerodynamics. ::)

G

·
So nobody has ever done this yet? I just got back from a 1500 km ride and would have loved to have a 2nd set of pegs below the seat so my knees were bent at a 90 degree angle rather than forcing my lower back out which gives me some sweet upper back and shoulder pain later on. :p

My previous bike, was a KLR 650 which I drove from Calgary to Cabo and back and actually find it much comfortable for longer rides than my m109.

I had 3 leg positions whereas the M109 only has 1:
- vertical
- highway pegs (similar to M109 stock pegs)
- passenger footpegs (I tried this on the M109 and burnt my boot on the exhaust)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
after racing ATVs and dirtbikes for the last 10 years it was really hard to put my feet forward, I'm getting use to it now but I'm sure I looked like a dork taking off a few times trying to find the pegs

·
Registered
738 Posts
This was my number one concern when I picked up my 9.
I have always ridden sportbikes, so having my feet out in front of me freaked me out royally.
I do the one footed take off, right foot up first - but still - Its weird not sitting there with my feet stuck up my arse.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just recently read another post here, I will do a search, about a member of this forum, that added these 'extra' pegs under the seat location.
If I remember, he said he used a peice of flat bar stock, mounted at the skid plate bolts, under the bike, bent up on either side, w/pegs.
I'll see if I can find the post, and update this reply. RRH

ps: http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php/topic,36984.0.html

·
Registered
738 Posts
Red Ridin Hood said:
Just recently read another post here, I will do a search, about a member of this forum, that added these 'extra' pegs under the seat location.
If I remember, he said he used a peice of flat bar stock, mounted at the skid plate bolts, under the bike, bent up on either side, w/pegs.
I'll see if I can find the post, and update this reply. RRH

ps: http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php/topic,36984.0.html
I remember the post - he also said that they were for resting only - that he wouldn't stand on them... kinda scary if they can't handle a rider's weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts