M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, well I think I may have put my foot in my mouth this time:

Ever since I brought my 109 home, the guy down the block has been passing by every day after work on his 2007 Ninja 636 and revving up his engine as he passes my house. Last night, I was rubbing the chrome on her when he passes by, he stops and says nice bike, I said likewise then he goes on to say he's the "king" of the neighborhood in drags with his limited edition blah blah blah ninja this and that super sport etc etc, I just got tired and told him flat out "A case of Guinness I'll kick your 'lil crotchet's ass" :eek:

I'm gonna shoot a video of it, but in any case, do you all think I have a chance? It will be perhaps a 2 block race.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Re: .vs a Kawasaki Ninja 636?

If he knows how to ride, he's gonna win.
If he doesn't know how to ride - don't drink and drive.
Keep us posted

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: Can I beat a Ninja 636?

like others have said, think you will get your a** handed to you, if he is anywhere near a compitant rider, you will see nothing but taillights from the get go, even in an 1/8th. why dont you go pick on a Kawisaki 650R, that is a race you can definitly win!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts

RubenAlonzo said:

Ever since I brought my 109 home, the guy down the block has been passing by every day after work on his 2007 Ninja 636 and revving up his engine as he passes my house. Last night, I was rubbing the chrome on her when he passes by, he stops and says nice bike, I said likewise then he goes on to say he's the "king" of the neighborhood in drags with his limited edition blah blah blah ninja this and that super sport etc etc, I just got tired and told him flat out "A case of Guinness I'll kick your 'lil crotchet's ass" :eek:

I'm gonna shoot a video of it, but in any case, do you all think I have a chance? It will be perhaps a 2 block race.
Whether or not you beat him in a race, remember who was riding by who's house to check out their ride :doorag: The fact that a sportbike rider would even consider the M a threat to his "king of the hill"-ness is a pretty significant compliment :D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

SLOPOKE said:
also found this on the 636 here http://www.dragtimes.com/Kawasaki-Ninja-Timeslip-8005.html
1/4 Mile ET: 9.850
1/4 Mile MPH: 133.660
1/8 Mile ET: 6.230
1/8 Mile MPH: 111.050
0-60 Foot ET: 1.460

also found this one, looks like stock times
1/4 Mile ET: 10.965
1/4 Mile MPH: 125.500
1/8 Mile ET: 7.111
1/8 Mile MPH: 103.590
0-60 Foot ET: 1.823
A stock Ninja 636 turning a 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds?? I think not!
Maybe a ZX-12R or a ZX-14, but not a 636. The 10.965 is much more believable. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts

I agree 100%, think the first times were a modified bike, second times seam more reasonable, i couldnt find stock times doing a google search but found that site, weather or not its credible is not for me to decide, i just posted it up.

BlackCherry said:
A stock Ninja 636 turning a 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds?? I think not!
Maybe a ZX-12R or a ZX-14, but not a 636. The 10.965 is much more believable. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Trouble_Is said:
Whether or not you beat him in a race, remember who was riding by who's house to check out their ride :doorag: The fact that a sportbike rider would even consider the M a threat to his "king of the hill"-ness is a pretty significant compliment :D
Hey Trouble, thanks man, I didnt even think of that :bigthumbsup:

G

·

RubenAlonzo said:

If he's good, you will lose. Who cares, shake his hand after you win or lose and make a new friend. Almost all sportbike guys are ok but cocky and he'll wreck his bike soon anyway so it doesn't matter :p I have a guy that does that in front of my house every time I'm outside... I can be going to get the mail and he'll ride a wheelie "LOOK AT ME" ... no thanks, I'm too busy lookin at my woman, loser. haha

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Model
Issue Tested
MSRP (base model)
Engine Type
Transmission speeds
Rear-Wheel Horsepower
Rear-Wheel Torque (lb. ft.)
Wet Weight
Average Fuel Mileage
Top Speed
0â€"60 mph, sec.
0â€"100 mph, sec.
0â€"1⁄4 mile, sec.
0â€"1⁄4 mile, mph
Braking 60â€"0 mph, ft.
Power to Weight Ratio
Rating
Category

ZX-6R 9/05 $8600 I-4 6 68.3 48.6 423 41.7 163 3.06 6.87 10.78 127.12 118.9 1:4.09 Middleweight Sportbike

Source: http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/technical/JAN06Pindx2.pdf

If he wheelies, it's possible you can beat him. If he does not, I don't think it is. I say possible if he wheelies cause I seen a guy last week at the track wheelie damn near the entire length of the track and still beat the guy next to him. Both were nearly identical bikes (6-7 second Busas). Obviously, not nearly identical skills...or the busa that kept both on the gound would have smoked the other one.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts

You don't stand a chance unless he wheelies and bites it. A bone stock 6R with an idiot squid at the helm should easilybe able to pull an 11.5 in the 1/4. Decent riders who have practiced launches can easily pull a 10.5. A very experienced rider could pull a sub-10. I'm talking about a bone stock 6R (636cc). All he has to do is do a quick swap of the front or rear sprocket and he'll easily break into the 9s. As others have said, go for less than 1/4 mile and hope he wheelies. FYI, I traded my 6R for my 109 and couldn't be happier.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts

I just watched a show on all these "real" Kungfu guys and I thought to myself "could I beat those guys if I had to" and then I said to myself "I don't think so". That's when I remembered why I have guns. :D :joke:

I think you're going to get spanked Bro unless you bring another bike. ;)

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts

Not if he cuts the race down to one block and shares a few pints of that Guinness with the kid before the match. :D

I didn't say that, did I?

·
Registered
568 Posts

Guinness!! did I hear right?? I thought I was the only one that liked the Stout stuff. You gotta get him :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts

seapup said:
Decent riders who have practiced launches can easily pull a 10.5. A very experienced rider could pull a sub-10. I'm talking about a bone stock 6R (636cc). All he has to do is do a quick swap of the front or rear sprocket and he'll easily break into the 9s. As others have said, go for less than 1/4 mile and hope he wheelies. FYI, I traded my 6R for my 109 and couldn't be happier.
10.5 sec will NEVER be easy on a stock 600cc sportbike. A pro will be doing 10.5s but a "decent rider who have practiced launches" will not. 9s are extremely rare on a 600cc sportbike, and again you use the word "easy"! I've seen 9s for 600cc sportbikes, but the rider was a pro (Ricky Gadson). He also strapped down the bikes in the front, lowered the rear and changed the sprockets. Easy? Right... ::)

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts

Elfrippo said:
10.5 sec will NEVER be easy on a stock 600cc sportbike. A pro will be doing 10.5s but a "decent rider who have practiced launches" will not. 9s are extremely rare on a 600cc sportbike, and again you use the word "easy"! I've seen 9s for 600cc sportbikes, but the rider was a pro (Ricky Gadson). He also strapped down the bikes in the front, lowered the rear and changed the sprockets. Easy? Right... ::)
Yeah whatever. ::) Like I said, easy is relative to experience. I can easily pull a 10.5 quarter on a 6R. Maybe you can't. You should be able pull an 11.5 in a straight line as should anyone with at least a year of street riding experience. Which is why RubenAlonzo doesn't stand a chance in the 1/4 mile unless the 6R rider somehow manages to botch his run.

I do know that most upper ladder AMA Street/ET 600's (basically stock) are pulling 10.5s. And just about all race-prepped, drag-geared, street-spec, high-end 600s (like the 6R) for the past 5 years are capable of pulling low 10s.

If you need credence to go with my "stories", I've been riding since 1974 and racing 600s since 1986. I'm at one track or another every 2-3 weeks. I'm on the Board of Directors for 2 national sanctioning bodies. I know what 600s can and can't do in just about anyone's hands including the kid down your street.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Tell him to butt off and go try another sport bike. Most of them will plaster his ass. We are running a very fast cruiser and if he has the chance to buy or borrow a VTX1800 or some other 1800 to 2000 cc bike he will see who the king of the CRUISER HILL is... These people are intimidated by the good looks and lines of the 109 and all they know is, try me!! You'll probably pull him in 1st and 2nd but again tell him to go get a REAL BIKE!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts