M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Very good question and I want to add something to it: which one is the camera you guys reconmend for this? I want to take a video of how we ride here in traffic so you guys flip...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Camera Mounts and Camera type to use for Onboard applications

I use a Lobster Mount SH-174, which you can view here:

http://www.lobstermount.com/DialUp/

Due to the fact that the bars on the 9 are thicker than standard ones, I've had to get creative in using longer bolts and cable ties to get the base attached to the bars. I also use some rubber strips, to remove a little more of the vibration and make the mount work better.

If you intend to take onboard footage, forget about using hard-drive type cameras, or mini-disc type cameras, as they will fault and stop recording after the first decent bump you hit. The cameras to use are those that record to solid state equipment, like SD-cards. I use a JVC Everio with dual card slots, but there are plenty of other good cameras around of that type, which will do the job just as well.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Years ago a person got a bolt that would screw into the bottom of the camera, into the tripod thread hole and drilled a hole through his rear peg. And then screwed it on. The only cost was the bolt.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Years ago a person got a bolt that would screw into the bottom of the camera, into the tripod thread hole and drilled a hole through his rear peg. And then screwed it on. The only cost was the bolt.
this how the video looks like but i lost the pic to show you the camera location but its been described by rynosback

1 - 9 of 9 Posts