M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called the service department this morning to see what was being done about the oil leaks with my 109. The service tech that I spoke to stated that when they drained the oil there was five quarts of oil in the crankcaae. I am begining to wonder if the technitions have been trained to work on this particular bike. Two times in one week and being told by the service manager that oil was placed in the bike the correct way when I picked it up. (*&^%$

·
Registered
154 Posts
This dry sump oil stuff is old hat to a experienced tech. I don't know why these dealerships insist on using illiterate greenhorns on their flagship bike. It is just piss poor management.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I get the bike back I'll be so happy I will probably forget to complain about the poor service. I want to start personalizing it. I have my LED turn signals, side mount raidious tag holder and am thinking about new risers and bars. I have'nt decided yet If I want to drop the rearend. I don't to do anything that will diminish the handling characteristics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked the question about oil filling when I bought my bike this week and the salesperson said that they fired a mechanic earlier this year over the issue. Told him the first time how to do it, he didn't and they had to take the bike back to do the clean up for the customer and then he did it again on their second sale on another 109.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know if its pride, or if the dealership uncertified and qualified techs so they can pay a lower salary.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Isn't there a Suzuki dealership in Draper?

Maybe you should try them instead of Honda Suzuki.

Escape in Provo has been great for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have never had problems with this dealership before, and have done business with them for years. Still I might have to consider your suggestion. Thanks.

Reed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts