M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those with clutch problems should call and report . I did yesterday because mine started slipping. Yes I'm using regular oil 10- 40. I asked Suzuki if there have been any other complaints filed about clutch problems and said they have no record. So please call 714-572-1490. The more complaints, the quicker we get our rides fixed. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Suzuki wont admit to anything. Unless you get the dealer tech line most operators are just operators, just there to transmit info..

G

·
I am sick and tired of hearing about this Phantom Clutch Problem.

All you guys with this terrible problem post some damn pictures of your service bills or maybe a video of the bike doing it.

Sheet I am tired of hearing you all whine.

Get over yourselves.

Buy a Damn Harley. Take your lumps and sell the Damn Thing.

TAZ

·
Registered
62 Posts
Those with clutch problems should call and report . I did yesterday because mine started slipping. Yes I'm using regular oil 10- 40. I asked Suzuki if there have been any other complaints filed about clutch problems and said they have no record. So please call 714-572-1490. The more complaints, the quicker we get our rides fixed. :bigthumbsup:
I was told that they do not record each clutch problem....they take each call as a single instance....

it's hard to assume they don't have a database with this information....keep calling, you'll hopefully get resluts.

good luck!!!

·
Radio Active Member
27,688 Posts
I find it very hard to believe that they have not heard of it. Call NHTSA and report it. There was some thread on here that someone posted a contact name.

·
Registered
738 Posts

All you guys with this terrible problem post some damn pictures of your service bills or maybe a video of the bike doing it.

Get over yourselves.

TAZ
Now they allow guest posting? Who's this joker?

·
Registered
371 Posts

Get over yourselves.

TAZ
Can a guest speak. ?????????

·
Registered
239 Posts
do a serch for "violent chatter"
there is my documented experience with Suzuki replacing my clutch for free and way out of warranty.

as for raw taz...f..k off!

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,887 Posts
Now they allow guest posting? Who's this joker?
2006 post. Guess he isn't a member anymore and that's why he shows up as "Guest." "Ghost" might be more appropriate! :D

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Funny thing about "Taz's" post is that most Harleys have worse/more problems than are bikes have 10 fold!!! ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Suzuki isn't going to admit to anything over the phone. They do have a record of all of the clutch issues. They have never responded to any of my complaints and continue to send me cusomter satisfaction surveys which I attach narrative letters. I personally know several 9 owners that have had their clutch nut back out; one owner nearly getting killed at a stop light when his clutch went out on him. Each one of them contacted their dealers as well as personally contacting Suzuki. Suzuki claimed having never heard of such an issue each time. I'm really not sure why we haven't seen a recall on the clutch nut as well as the clutch cable that is too short. At least a TSB :dontknow:. At any rate, I've owned several Suzukis and continue to buy them regardless of their customer negligence because every vehicle manufacturer I have ever dealt with is the same way. Just my 2 cents.

-RT

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I was told that they do not record each clutch problem....they take each call as a single instance....

it's hard to assume they don't have a database with this information....keep calling, you'll hopefully get resluts.

good luck!!!
:eek:ldpost:

welcome to 2006

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

good luck!!!
This is not true, just about every single call regarding a malfunction in one of their products gets documented. Many of the service representatives would simply rather act ignorant towards the matter.​

·
Registered
738 Posts
:eek:ldpost:

welcome to 2006
Dood, there are new members joining every day, who are learning things for the first time about their bikes.

If they don't do a search, they get talked to about how its been covered a million times.

If they post on an old thread, they're made to feel like idiots.

Which would you rather have? New members are the lifeblood of a forum...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts