M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you folks like, we can keep tabs on the cager incidents here. Maybe in the future it will play a great part in some new laws that apply to motorcycle vigilantes.......

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
If you folks like, we can keep tabs on the cager incidents here. Maybe in the future it will play a great part in some new laws that apply to motorcycle vigilantes.......
I say motorcyclists should be allowed to pack heat and take of the cagers our own way....since Joe law doesn't seem to be willing to deal with them... maybe if cagers know we have firearms they'll give us our due respect on the road....

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I say motorcyclists should be allowed to pack heat and take of the cagers our own way....since Joe law doesn't seem to be willing to deal with them... maybe if cagers know we have firearms they'll give us our due respect on the road....
That will work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Are we talking actual incidents or just close calls?? I literally 20 minutes ago, just about home from work almost got flattened in an intersection. Some Jack-hole on the opposite side of the intersection peels out of the left turn land and darts between me and the SUV I'm following through the intersection. There's no way he even knew I was behind that SUV. I veered right, to stay out of the grille and then continued my left turn. I'm glad I don't carry, because it would definitely been a bad situation.

-Josh

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have had close calls with people pulling out in front of me making a left from a side street, twice. Until recently I always left my bike in neutral at a light and didn't pay much attention to what was going on behind me. What should I do there? Unless its a pitifully long light, should I stay in gear and watch intently on cagers speed as they approach the light from behind? Always leave myself a way out in front or to the side of me? Should I plan on splitting lanes if I need to get the heck out of there? Another situation that gives me the chills is on a fast 2 way highway where someone is about to turn left coming from the other way, what do we do to make sure they see us? My buddy Rick says "Its better to be annoying then dead", I suppose flashing high beams in that situation is what I should start doing. I don't have a super horn yet but I could probably hit my horn quickly to make sure they see me. Is there anything else you do to improve your chances? Thank you, good thread.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Too may to count or remember.

The last one however cost my my bike. :edit:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I have had close calls with people pulling out in front of me making a left from a side street, twice. Until recently I always left my bike in neutral at a light and didn't pay much attention to what was going on behind me. What should I do there? Unless its a pitifully long light, should I stay in gear and watch intently on cagers speed as they approach the light from behind? Always leave myself a way out in front or to the side of me? Should I plan on splitting lanes if I need to get the heck out of there? Another situation that gives me the chills is on a fast 2 way highway where someone is about to turn left coming from the other way, what do we do to make sure they see us? My buddy Rick says "Its better to be annoying then dead", I suppose flashing high beams in that situation is what I should start doing. I don't have a super horn yet but I could probably hit my horn quickly to make sure they see me. Is there anything else you do to improve your chances? Thank you, good thread.
Get a HID headlight. I run mine on highbeam in the daytime. There's no excuse for them not being able to see you when your headlight looks like the arc from a welder. A stebel horn doesn't hurt either. Aside from keeping drivers in their lanes, it's fun to watch texters toss their phones and fumble for the wheel when you blast them!!

-Josh

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I have to get those for my new bike

Sounds like a BLAST!!!
Get a HID headlight. I run mine on highbeam in the daytime. There's no excuse for them not being able to see you when your headlight looks like the arc from a welder. A stebel horn doesn't hurt either. Aside from keeping drivers in their lanes, it's fun to watch texters toss their phones and fumble for the wheel when you blast them!!

-Josh

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I choose the annyoing way. I flash/blast my truck horn and ride like a fighter pilot, always predicting where the "enemy" might jump out.
I think that has saved me so far

·
Registered
285 Posts
Brilliant, I will implement all of those into my riding. Including looking into an LED light and definitely the stebel horn. Thank you.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are we talking actual incidents or just close calls?? I literally 20 minutes ago, just about home from work almost got flattened in an intersection. Some Jack-hole on the opposite side of the intersection peels out of the left turn land and darts between me and the SUV I'm following through the intersection. There's no way he even knew I was behind that SUV. I veered right, to stay out of the grille and then continued my left turn. I'm glad I don't carry, because it would definitely been a bad situation.

-Josh
I'm talkin anything the cagers come up with close, closer and ACE HOLES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
285 Posts
Having to ditch your bike is crazy. An inexperienced driver probably wouldn't have done that and would have crashed and ruined their bike or worse. Good quick thinking and thats years of riding experience paying off right there.

Its so easy for me to get into a complacent lulled attitude when cruising for a few hours, thats probably one of the most dangerous mind sets for me to be in. Eyes glazed over loving the ride and not being as alert as I need to be. If something does happen I wouldn't have the presence of mind to quickly act like you did.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Well, I've been lucky enough to not have had any incidents yet (knock on wood). But the first mods anyone should be doing are (1) Air horn (2) HID or PIAA bulb upgrade (3) Headlight modulator (4) Brake modulator, not necessarily in that order. Who cares how annoying a headlight modulator is to cagers?? That's the whole point...be seen! I'm not doing safety mods with a concern for cagers, I'm doing them to be seen by the jack @azzes. I've got both a head and tail modulator coming and will be flashing on HI during the day. HID is nice, yeah brighter but a flashing stock will always be seen well before a HID, simply because well...it flashes! I think you can get an HID kit that works with a modulator, even better. Be SAFE!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
great idea, however, I would be in prison first day of riding, or there would be no more cars on the road.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Brilliant, I will implement all of those into my riding. Including looking into an LED light and definitely the stebel horn. Thank you.
bla bla bla, its all waiting for you, remember its all stitting on my roll-a-way.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Shoot first and foremost, you can always position bodies and move cars and trucks as the situation warrants it (Dead F'kers can tell no lies):doorag:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I agree

LEAVE NO WITNESSES. However, have a REAL GOOD alibi. :evil: When questions I cuold say, "Well officer I don't know what happened :dontknow: I was home making love to my wife" and the wife replies (Hands on hips) "Yes he was officer I can vouch for him" "He never left my side, top, back, well you know what I mean":bigthumbsup:

Shoot first and foremost, you can always position bodies and move cars and trucks as the situation warrants it (Dead F'kers can tell no lies):doorag:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Having to ditch your bike is crazy. An inexperienced driver probably wouldn't have done that and would have crashed and ruined their bike or worse. Good quick thinking and thats years of riding experience paying off right there.

Its so easy for me to get into a complacent lulled attitude when cruising for a few hours, thats probably one of the most dangerous mind sets for me to be in. Eyes glazed over loving the ride and not being as alert as I need to be. If something does happen I wouldn't have the presence of mind to quickly act like you did.
I had been riding for a month when that happened. I bought the bike on the 1st of February and that happened the first weekend in March. I was scheduled to attend the MSF beginners course the day after that close call happened. Let me tell you that the MSF instructor had my attention all week so that I could improve my skills.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had been riding for a month when that happened. I bought the bike on the 1st of February and that happened the first weekend in March. I was scheduled to attend the MSF beginners course the day after that close call happened. Let me tell you that the MSF instructor had my attention all week so that I could improve my skills.
1 MONTH????? wow common sense and a level head works pretty well also, KUDOS,,,,,,,,,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts