M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the way home from work this afternoon and the sun was just starting to hide behing the clouds that eventually let forth a short deluge of near Biblical proportions (I used a dictionary for most of those words btw 8) ). While sitting at a stop light near my house there was a kid in the car next to me that apparently has a real facination with motorcycles. He's about 5 or 6 years old, rolls down his window and yells at me and asks me what kind of bike I'm riding.. I'm thinking thats pretty kewl, little kids dig the 9 as much as their mommies do (who was a hottie btw, even if she was driving a Escalade while talking on a cell phone in heavy stop and go.

So to be polite I flip up the face on the helmet, forgetting I had the sun visor down and the kid absolutely freaks the :edit: out.. His mom looks over and see's me and realizes why her kid is flipping out, the light turns green and she turns into a parking lot about 30 feet up the road. I'm thinking oh crap the kids epileptic or something so I follow her into the lot to see if she needs help. Pull into the spot on the passenger side of her, kill the bike, pop the helmet off and go to see if the kids ok and he's crying his :edit: off about "Don't let the Alien man on the space bike eat me mommy!"

Needless to say I about pissed myself laughing, his mom thought it was funny as all :edit: too. I told him I wasn't an alien, it was just a helmet.. showed him how it worked and even let him try it on... (Think Rick Moranis in Space Balls: The Movie, funny lookin as all heck) and let the little guy sit on the bike to calm him down.

Moral of this story is, if you own a Caberg, remember to flip up BOTH visors to talk to people so their children won't think you're an alien on a space bike come to eat them 8) :bigthumbsup:

G

·
lol....

Spaceballs... wow...

"Sir you should really buckle up!"

"Ah, buckle this!!!!!"

LUDICROUS SPEED!!!!

Funny story D...

I scared a girl texting while driving (which is now officially the scariest thing people do while driving. I must have seen at least ten tonight.) I rolled up next to her in 3rd, pulled in the clutch and just redlined it. She dropped her phone and gave me the dirtiest look. I sped off after that because after all she is in a car, and if she wants to fight, I lose.

G

·
It has two visors though? Thats a really good idea....

The dealership threw in an Arai Quantum 2 "Ghost Frost Black" with my deal... I love that helmet and the only way to make it better would be to have 2 visors... I'm going to look into the cabergs...

G

·
"Oh thats one of them hybrid helmets..." - MSF Instructor

when asked about what they were during my MSF class

Modular is the proper term right?

G

·
I was thinking it had the Clear Visor and the Tinted Visor built in so you wouldnt have to swap them out, which originally made your post very, very confusing. (i am an idiot) But i get it now... It's late and i've been up since 545 am....

Someone should make a Tinted and a clear so you dont have to keep swapping them...

That is a very nice looking helmet though. If they made it in flat black, I'd order it tonight.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
blueovalforlife said:
I was thinking it had the Clear Visor and the Tinted Visor built in so you wouldnt have to swap them out, which originally made your post very, very confusing. (i am an idiot) But i get it now... It's late and i've been up since 545 am....

Someone should make a Tinted and a clear so you dont have to keep swapping them...

That is a very nice looking helmet though. If they made it in flat black, I'd order it tonight.
It does have a tinted inner visor and the do make it in flat black :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought mine from a storefront on Ebay.. Using Paypal :eek:

You can set up PayPal by sending them a check for XXX.XX to fund an account and then when you purchase something they will deduct that amount down to zero. Its not as convenient but it works and you don't have to give them check or card #'s that way. Link to the place I bought mine is:

http://bikergear.co.uk/

When you buy online they will kick you out to EBAY since you are from outside the UK.

Hope thats helpful bro.

·
Registered
664 Posts
cbxer55 said:
Out of curiosity, DaltonH, where diod you buy your Caberg from.
I apparnetly cannot buy from helmetown since he apparently only
accepts Paypal for payment. I do not have that since I refuse to own credit cards!
Of course I do have an ATM card which can be used as a credit card.
No way will I give that number to Paypal!!

Robert Hill
Midwest City, OK.
I've had a paypal account since they started... (well before ebay owned them)... I have never had a problem and my account is set up to draw from 2 different credit cards as well as my checking account (never set it up for the saving...)
They are easy, safe, and they are federally insured (like any bank)..... your just as safe using your debit card at the store as you are using it online.... if someone is going to hack it, they can hack it either way....
The only safer way to keep your money is in a mattress....
just my 2 bits...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moonbaby said:
I've had a paypal account since they started... (well before ebay owned them)... I have never had a problem and my account is set up to draw from 2 different credit cards as well as my checking account (never set it up for the saving...)
They are easy, safe, and they are federally insured (like any bank)..... your just as safe using your debit card at the store as you are using it online.... if someone is going to hack it, they can hack it either way....
The only safer way to keep your money is in a mattress....
just my 2 bits...
+1
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
:yikes: :clap2: :a20: Great story...thanks for starting off my day with a chuckle :bigthumbsup:

Devilish

·
Registered
443 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :clap2: :clap2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts