M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,:doorag:
Just a heads up, I'm working on the terms with Spy Glass and it looks like we will be getting a even better rate then last year.

Something new to the schedule is adding one day to the trip so that we can ride the ATV'S on a day where we don't have to go any where else. First two years we have done the ATV thing then rode home, and that kinda sucks.

Also I'm looking into a dinner that will be held on site at Spy Glass.

More to come in a few days.

Ride Well
Mark
Halfdome109r

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Hey tell em those cuties that were at the desk last year have to come and party with us on one evening. :drool:

Also, I think the dinner at the Spy Glass restaurant is a killer idea. That we we can drink and not worry about having to drive home.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys,:doorag:
So my plan is to ride into Pismo on Thursday May 12, check in and relax.

Friday the 13 head down to the beach and ride the dunes on a rented ATV. Go back to hotel relax and have meet and greet dinner, at the hotel.

Saturday the 14 we will do our usual loop. "meet point at the Madona Inn" and lunch at the same place. End of ride back at the Spy Glass, I'll collect money for dinner like the last two years, Call in for Pizza and unreasonable amount of alcohol.

Sunday the 15 ride home with more good memories of another Pismo Meet.

So I spoke with some one from Spy Glass about a dinner and we can have indoor with ocean view, or out on the deck with heaters if needed.

Ball park is about $34 for a three course meal, yes steak is an option. A little more then the usual Chili's but we can stay on site, have the place to our selves for the most part and have a drink or two with dinner and not need to ride back.

Please give me some input on the dinner option so I can let the hotel know on a head count. They currently have space saved for the Boulevard group.

Please feel free to call me with any questions or concerns.
I'll post more info later, Address's etc.

Mark
Halfdome109r
408-687-7846

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hey Mark, the usual loop is fine but is there a loop down there we could consider that follows the coast line for the first or second half?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will look into that, but from what I remember from all the original recon I did this loop offers less incounters from cross traffic and provides all day ride. I'll look though

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Well let me say this about that. First I'll be there.Second I think that any variation from the oraginal route will impact the time frame of all the rest of the day. So far this route has proven great! If you get much later in the day you will also encounter more traffic.And that is proubly one of the best places to ride WFO! A coast ride is a lot slower and will extend the bike snake a lot longer and more apt to get lost or seperated from the group.JMOA.Mark have you thought about having some pismo patches or t-shirts made up?Maybe get ahold of Chris(firefighter109) or somthing?how about some 8x10 glossies of you and Grouch showing off the Boulavard 109er's patches behind the CHP car?you know sighned by you all and to comerate the first Pismo and maybe one of the orange 9 with the TP wrap for Pismo 2.I love the Idea of dinning in and hope you reminded the Spyglass folks of puting us all in the same cell block of rooms as not to offend those patrons staying in between us all.It sure would be niceto see the rooms for $100 or so.I'm already ready,Gregg

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Chief,
Gregg has a point, I chose those roads because once we are on it provides about 170 miles of no lights or traffic. It allows us to stay packed up or race off, but in a way we are still together.

We will see how many others plan to eat on Friday at Spyglass, but they will hold it open for us for a while.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hey Chief,
Gregg has a point, I chose those roads because once we are on it provides about 170 miles of no lights or traffic. It allows us to stay packed up or race off, but in a way we are still together.

We will see how many others plan to eat on Friday at Spyglass, but they will hold it open for us for a while.
I see the point and the original route is just fine. I was just thinking that a ride along the ocean might be enjoyable. The Spyglass dinner sounds good to me too.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hey Chief how about seeing if anybody wants to get there thurs and go for a friday cruse up the coast a ways instead of doing ATV's?I'll see if Steve wants to come a day early and do somthing like that.Gregg

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hey Chief how about seeing if anybody wants to get there thurs and go for a friday cruse up the coast a ways instead of doing ATV's?I'll see if Steve wants to come a day early and do somthing like that.Gregg
The coast thing was just a suggestion really, no big deal to me where we ride. If I was jonesin' for the coast I could ride down the coast all the way to Pismo from my house. But you're right, a group cruise in traffic would suck , I didn't think about that

1 - 20 of 67 Posts