M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow Riders have a question see if any one had encountered. My 9 tipped over the other day as I was washing it, being that I lowered it with 2.5 bones and have not installed a shorter kickstand. Yes I was in pain for a while some cosmetic damage did occur, and since I dont want to relive it am not going to list what happened. Well in any case soon after that happened I got an FI light and started running sluggish, especially when I would hit wide open throttle. It boggs down and doesnt move, so I checked the manual and did a special tool check on the trouble codes. Got c14 as a trouble code, this indicates to be the throttle positon sensor. So I tried to adjust it with no luck, the line that is next the c14 is high up and i cant seem to get it in the 00 mode that adjust the line to the center. So this is my deliema, dont know if its me or the tps is gone bad and cant get it to adjust. By the way to be honest not really sure if doing the calibration correct, am trying to follow the service manual but it reads like tv instructions so maybe its me. Well hope someone out there can help if not its off to the stealers. Well thanks in advance and keep riding shinny side up with the rubber down. Once again thanks in advance. Mike L.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks for the views

Just wanted to say thanks for the views. Hope I can resolve the issue without having to go to the dealer. Still havent had time to check again, but will do later again.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Good luck with it bro. I've never had to adjust the TPS so I can't help you out on it.

The most common problem you see with them is when someone installs a Power Commander and the crimp on connector for the TPS either cuts the wire or doesn't make good contact. Make sure the connector for it is plugged in firmly.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
I would have to look in the manual, but a lot of car/truck TPS are slightly adjustable by losening the screw/bolt and then twisting it to adjust then fasten back down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts