M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts, ideas, or products that would make the windshield, bags, passenger seat and backrest quick detach?

I know the RT is a touring bike but I've enjoyed many bikes in the past that had dual personalities. With the RT, to go from full on touring bike to stripped down cruiser (like the C109R) or back in under 5 minutes would be highly desirable.

·
Registered
242 Posts
This was among my disappointments with the RT; along with other refinements like hydraulic clutch. If you want the detachable options , best to buy a plain C and get the aftermarket accessories.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was among my disappointments with the RT; along with other refinements like hydraulic clutch. If you want the detachable options , best to buy a plain C and get the aftermarket accessories.
Couldn't agree more. Had I known, I still probably would have bought the RT for the 2 tone paint and the fact that I got a smoking deal on it.

My hope for this thread is that over time, enough ideas/solutions will come in that all will benefit.

Regarding the windshield, I've been thinking about slotting the back of the upper mounts so that I can just loosen the 'pain in the 'azz' allen bolts and slide the windshield forward to remove. The 2 lower bolts are pretty easy to deal with so this would shave 50% of the time off (for me anyway).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts