M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figure out how to get more leg room without spending a fortune? I think I can move the floorboards forward but I would still have to find an extended brake/shifter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody? Anybody? There has to be something out there to get more comfort out of this bike for a guy who is 6'7" and not made of money. Any ideas at all?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Rob, there might be a way but it would mean no floorboards. Would that help?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think there are a bunch of guys that cut off the heel portion of the shifter to gain more room. I am not sure if that is the direction you wanted to go but it would be more roomy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
just had a look at mine an it would take a little work because the frame forward turns up behind the rad so u have a couple of inches there before the turn in the frame so you would have to fab a plate to bolt to where the floorbvoards bolts attach to the frame and advance the floorboard forward on the plate to distance you want ,but if you have a roll bar there also then thats another thing ,then for the brake on the right side modifaction of it connector also, maybe you should sit on the fender

·
Registered
177 Posts
Add to the seat. I picked up a Alaska seat pad, adds about 1/2 inch and a Wall Mart jell seat pad that adds about an inch. I'm 6'4 with bad knees and this helped on my C90 and now on the 109 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
It Helps!

Last year in Carlisle PA, I bought some Cruise Peg Mounts...http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/929/Adjustable-Cruise-Peg-Mounts... I think the ones for Yamaha fit. They mount under the floorboard. I had them do it, so it's not as good as could have been done, but it's awesome, I can put my feet out another 6 inches, and being 6'2 it helps a ton. You will have to drill into your floorboards so be prepared for that.

I'll try to post some pics when I have the bike put back together.

·
Registered
643 Posts
if the Kury accessory floorboard mounts for the Yamaha fit on our boards that would be the ticket, even if it involved drilling holes in our floorboards

On my Vstar i used 6" floorboard extensions it was a kit that that in included the shifter link , when i first got my C i checked it out to see if a similiar kit would work ,it didn't seem to me it would be a simple bolt on issue, I dont recall exactly but i think it had something to do with the brake pedal. Also if there was a kit that was an easy bolt on , the extra bracketry needed would space the floorbards outward which would decrease lean angle even more on our already limited lean C's

·
Registered
623 Posts
Add to the seat. I picked up a Alaska seat pad, adds about 1/2 inch and a Wall Mart jell seat pad that adds about an inch. I'm 6'4 with bad knees and this helped on my C90 and now on the 109 :bigthumbsup:
Wall Mart jell seat??? got a pix?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No pix, but it's the best $20 I've spent! I picked one up for the wife too. They're automotive jell seat pads. C90 riders have been using them for years. Great for trips.
Do you remove the seat cover, cut the gel to fit, glue it to the foam then replace the cover?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I am definately not stuck on having floor boards. I think I might actually prefer pegs.
Not sure if there is a bolt on for that, there is a peg that extends so you can more room but getting it on would be the trick. Kuryakyn makes some pegs with flip outs for more room.
Got to be someone on here that's tall like you and has already done a mod. Sorry Rob I'm all of 5'8 so I'm not looking to do that mod.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The gel seat pad inerests me as well. The only gel seats I have seen are for bycycles at walmart. where do you find them?

·
Registered
177 Posts
The gel seat pad inerests me as well. The only gel seats I have seen are for bycycles at walmart. where do you find them?
They're in the automotive department @ Wal-Mart. About 18"x18" seat pad,vented fabric top side, rubberized bottom with a handy carrying handle. Nothin purdy but it sure is comfortable. Just plop it down on the seat and go. I have a couple that I use for the quads too. Here's a link I found with a pic.

·
Registered
623 Posts
They're in the automotive department @ Wal-Mart. About 18"x18" seat pad,vented fabric top side, rubberized bottom with a handy carrying handle. Nothin purdy but it sure is comfortable. Just plop it down on the seat and go. I have a couple that I use for the quads too. Here's a link I found with a pic.
I just got back from Walmart and they seem to be just a little big but I'm sure that's better then being to small for the seat.
These would be great for a long haul or the dreaded iron butt ride.
Thanks for the info Gorge Rider:clap2:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Rob, there's your fix, looks like bigpom already found how-to and did the mod. The rubbers on the floorboards just un-bolt from the bottem, only 3 bolts hole them on and then just drill a couple of holes and you should be good-to-go.

BIG:clap2:for bigpom.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have been thinking about making my own custom plate to get rid of the floor board and go to pegs but I LOVED this mod so much I went ahead and ordered the parts this morning. Thank you so much bigpom!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Some pics taken of the parts I talked about.
do the nuts that secure that to the floorboard hang lower then the rear outside corner of the floorboard? what I am trying to see is whether or not there is a risk of chewing them in the twisties

1 - 20 of 45 Posts