M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I just got off the phone with our local Suzuki dealer who is a good friend of mine and he told me he's going to a Suzuki Dealer show in Vegas this weekend coming up and they are going to show-off the new C109. Has anyone else heard anything about this? He said he'd get pictures but last time he just took some with his phone....wonder if I should send my digital camera with him.....???? :dontknow:

G

·
There was talk that the 109's motor was going to be used in other bikes. Maybe a bagger??? The "C" designation must mean something. Pictures would be great. Will be interesting to see just what Suzuki has up their sleeves.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked Mike (the dealer friend) and he said like the M50 (which is what I have) and the C50. He said it's supposed to have the big fenders......I want to see how they pull that off. Wonder if he will take me with him.... ::)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
C means cruiser. our M means muscle. 2 other versions besides the M are supposed to come out based on the 109.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:pop: :hot: Now This is an interesting turn. I wonder what is going to come out. can't wait for the pics. I really like the muscle image of the M109, but would still like to see what a C will look like. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spoked Rims????

I was thinking about some of the differences between the c50 and the m50. I wonder if they will put spoked rims on the C109. I'll make sure mike has a good camera.

·
Registered
289 Posts
There's a huge market for the HD "Me too" cruiser, which I'm sure Zuki, like any other MC manufactures, want a slice that pie. Hopefully for Zuki, they come out with good looking C109.
More 109's that come out, more aftermarket parts! Which = :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
phaed said:
C means cruiser.
I thought the C designation meant Classic, as in a more classic cruiser design. The M version is still a cruiser ya know. Anyway, that's just what I had heard. I may be wrong.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know mike he should take some good pics for us. I was supposed to go to the show with him but I have to be in a wedding that weekend :verymad: :edit: :cus: :swear: but hopefully he takes some good pics and we can post them.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I ran into a guy on a GXR600 yesterday just minutes before I ran into Lamont. This guy really liked the 109 and started telling me about this new version with the 109 engine that was going to be coming out. He had a name for it which I promptly forgot thanks to my 54 year old mind. It was something like "Drifter", although that's probably not right. I just wondered where he saw and and was getting his info?

·
Registered
343 Posts
You may want to check out the International Motorcycle Show in your areas. That's where I first saw the M109R last year. I just hope it's alot heavier, say1,100 pounds and geared WAY down.

G

·
I dont think it will matter, the boulevard touring bikes are kinda fugly in my opinion. They just dont look quite right

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:dontknow:Talked to Mike tonight, he leaves in the morning. He said he heard they may not have it ready to unveal until June'ish. Sorry guys, I'll let y'all know what I find out.

·
Registered
343 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
I dont think it will matter, the boulevard touring bikes are kinda fugly in my opinion. They just dont look quite right
+1

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fugly is the perfect word. They had better do something with their classic cruisers because Yamaha and now even Kawasaki have really stepped up their games. The new Kawi Vulcan 900 is a beautiful classic style bike, enough so that my girlfriend just bought an '06. I gotta' say, it's a lot of bike for the low price. We looked at the Suzuki cruisers for her and there was no comparing the two. $6650 otd for the Kawi 900 with FI, liquid cooling, front and rear disc brakes, fat tank, floor boards, dital fuel gauge, etc. Great power too for a 900. All with really attractive classic styling. We were shocked that it was a Kawasaki. Suzuki should take a good look at that bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts