M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My missus never had a problem on the intruder VL1500 pillion seat. It was probably the biggest pillion seat out of all the cruisers. Now that we have the C109 the seat is harder and smaller. We have just tried the Airhawk cushion on the seat but she has problems with pain in her tailbone. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :dontknow:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Russell Day Long

Or get a Russell "Day Long" seat. They rebuild your seat and guarantee that you'll be able to ride all day long. I have my seat being done on the 28th, I'll post pics after.

See Russell Saddles :D

I was going to have it done last month but had to have surgery, so I gave up my date.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
c109 pillion seat

Thanks guys, I've had a lot of positive feedback from other sites as well, about Mustang and Russell seats. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would like to push a little bit for the Mustang seat. Very comfortable. Especially the pillion seat. And it has also a atractive price tag. Recommended!

·
Registered
74 Posts
You guys with the mustangs... Are y'all running the backrest also? I noticed that there is like 8 inches from the drivers seat to the top of the pillion seat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bought the Mustang a few weeks after they came out.
I did purchase the backrest, used it once, and the missus threatened to install it elsewhere ;)
Seems some backseaters use their knees/thighs to hold on and the backrest is a lil wide. Apparently that can equal a bruise or two.
She is quite happy with the seat though, and since she has a damaged back that says a lot.
YMMV
--M
You guys with the mustangs... Are y'all running the backrest also? I noticed that there is like 8 inches from the drivers seat to the top of the pillion seat.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bought the Mustang a few weeks after they came out.
I did purchase the backrest, used it once, and the missus threatened to install it elsewhere ;)
Seems some backseaters use their knees/thighs to hold on and the backrest is a lil wide. Apparently that can equal a bruise or two.
She is quite happy with the seat though, and since she has a damaged back that says a lot.
YMMV
--M
Does it give you support though without the back rest. I have on of those damaged backs myself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I find it relatively nice.
The seat forms a bit of a back the way it's designed.
With the GMan riser shelf, the bars come back nicely.
I did like the Ultimate, but the Mustang seemed to have a bit more proven design.
--M

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mustsang seat

I have the backrest & also a bad back. It got so bad I almost had to quit riding on the stock seat, but thanks to Mustang, I enjoy riding again. I have a 28 mile ride to work everyday & typically don't use the backrest unless my back bothers me. Always use it on long rides & it doesn't bother the misses. If you have back issues, I would recommend the backrest. Putting your feet up on the highway pegs helps too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks guys, I've had a lot of positive feedback from other sites as well, about Mustang and Russell seats. :bigthumbsup:
I have the Corbin seat on mine and the pillion is longer and much wider.
Your stock pillion doesn't even reach the rear backrest, the Corbin goes behind it and probably 2"-3" wider, but let me measure it to make sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts