M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:Any one haveing trouble like your bike just runs out of fuel.I bought my 109 3 months ago this is the first I have had any issues.It runs a littel ruff at first start up but clears up quick.Bike is in the shop and they dont have a clue whats wrong.I traded in a 2000 ultra classic and am pleased with the new bike but not the fuel issue.Help jaybirdjo

·
Registered
643 Posts
still new to these bikes myself ,but, what was suggested above seems like a good place to start for any fuel issues on the 9's

might help ya get some more feedback if share a few details , like when you say you just got it, is it brand new or used? how many miles? did it sit ong with unstabilized fuel before you acquired it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.Your right so here goes.New bike, 3 months old 2700 miles, I dont have a clue how long it sat at the dealer.Did just that and found the filter full of somthing Im not sure what it was but cleand it and it did improved things but I still have shutting down problem.In other words when I come to a stop it dyes.That could have somthing to do with the corbin exhaust I was told may need to be retuned.Ill find that out this evening.thanks for your input.

G

·
Although the aftermarket exhaust (Cobra?) is most likely causing you to be even more lean than stock, it's probably not causing it to shut down all together. My guess is that if it sat long enough to develop something in the tank, it probably sat long enough to develop something in other places in your fuel system as well. Then again, did the shut down problem continue immediately after you cleaned the filter, or after a while?

Long shot: Although I have never had a lot of luck with fuel injection cleaners that you add to your fuel, it's a cheap next step. Add it and take a nice long spirited ride with some long highway stretches and you might get lucky.

As an example, I bought an old 3 wheeler several years ago that had sat for a loooong time. The tank and entire fuel system had a peanut butter substance everywhere. I cleaned the entire system as thoroughly as I could and was able to get it running but it would not stay running at low speed and would die when I came to a stop. A can of fuel system cleaner and a hard days ride later and it ran like brand new. However it took several cleaned or replaced filters before it completely cleaned it self out.

·
Registered
643 Posts
i would start with running some SEA-FOAM or B12 fuel system cleaners thru the next couple of tank fulls and see if that helps, although depending on how clean you were able to get the filter it may need replaced.

also i would suggest you also make sure you are getting ALL premium fuel til it cleans up to help it run better by finding a station with a designated premium hose. otherwise the first gallon or so you put in your tank will be whatever the person that last used it was pumping, ecspecially if you have a habit of only putting in 2 or 3 gallons at a time your octane. Its a good habit with these bikes anyway, but ending up with a lower octane blend might aggravate your current situation

·
Registered
415 Posts
Although cleaning the fuel filter may help, it needs to be replaced as it is not really a cleanable filter. Let me know if your dealer has the fuel filter in stock as Suzuki has an indefinite back order listed for the C109R fuel filter and no it is not the same as the M109R fuel filter, they are mirror images of each other and not interchangeable.....arghhhhh!

Mine will do the same shut down when the filter is dirty. Pull in the clutch, grab a bit of brakes and she dies. When she gets really plugged she will die when you grab front brake and not pull in the clutch....ask me how I know?!??!?!?!?!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Although cleaning the fuel filter may help, it needs to be replaced as it is not really a cleanable filter. Let me know if your dealer has the fuel filter in stock as Suzuki has an indefinite back order listed for the C109R fuel filter and no it is not the same as the M109R fuel filter, they are mirror images of each other and not interchangeable.....arghhhhh!

Mine will do the same shut down when the filter is dirty. Pull in the clutch, grab a bit of brakes and she dies. When she gets really plugged she will die when you grab front brake and not pull in the clutch....ask me how I know?!??!?!?!?!
you still haven't gotten a new one? i know you said yours was dirty before your IRON BUNNS RUN,but, that you got a M filter which was a mirror image of the C's filter

p.s. my bully was on the dining room table when i woke up this evening . THANX!

·
Registered
415 Posts
you still haven't gotten a new one? i know you said yours was dirty before your IRON BUNNS RUN,but, that you got a M filter which was a mirror image of the C's filter

p.s. my bully was on the dining room table when i woke up this evening . THANX!
Suzuki has it on temp back order, but no date yet.
Let me know how you like the Bully!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got it back last evening .suzuki said put a new fuel pump in.I have to say it runs better know than when I first got it.I didnt know they a bike with so much power.And away we goooooooooooo:joke::clap2::clap2::clap2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts