M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,261 Posts
Went with a friend to look at a used 2005 Honda CBR600RR. It was missing bolts that hold the body work on, mirrors looked "off". Rode it and it felt sluggish, as if it hadn't been ridden in years. Whispered in his ear to run away from this bike as fast as you can.

He looked at another at Oklahoma Honda Suzuki. I told him, "if you don't buy this one, I will." He didn't buy it. I did.
Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle

· Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,750 Posts
The models made after 2010 seem to have less transmission issues, not that that would keep me from buying an older well maintained model. Other than that, no real differences in the years. My 07 has given me no problems at all and I bought it new.

If you can test ride them, get it rolling and put it in second and give it full throttle to see if it tries to jump out of gear. They all make a clutch rattle when sitting still until you pull the clutch in. Other than that, just look for oil leaks and at how well it looks to be maintained.

· Registered
6,261 Posts
The transmission issues are hit-or-miss. My 2006 is 300 miles away from 40,000, I don't have any of the issues that are known for these bikes. Once in a blue moon, I get a slight shudder. A Suzuki mechanic who test rode my bike after new tires were put on, said it was "grabby". Hasn't happened once this year. Mine jumps out of second gear if I forget to "shift it like I mean it". Got to shift it into second hard. If you don't, it will jump out of gear.

· Registered
12 Posts
The models made after 2010 seem to have less transmission issues, not that that would keep me from buying an older well maintained model. Other than that, no real differences in the years. My 07 has given me no problems at all and I bought it new.

If you can test ride them, get it rolling and put it in second and give it full throttle to see if it tries to jump out of gear. They all make a clutch rattle when sitting still until you pull the clutch in. Other than that, just look for oil leaks and at how well it looks to be maintained.
Dont let that rattlin' bother you:) I have put 18 K on my 08 and it's done it every day:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts